2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Starting Member
fclites is on a distinguished road
Default Help

I have 95 blazer, 4wd. There is water leaking from under the dash. The defrost will not work and the windows are steaming up. When I say water I mean there is a bath towel under there that is saturated.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the heater core has failed and is leaking.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Starting Member
fclites is on a distinguished road

So, is this something I can do?

Old 10-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Crusty is on a distinguished road
Default Patience

If you do it it will require allot of patience. You will have to effectivley strip the dash. Layer after layer. It is no small job. Take plenty of pictures and make notes. When you get to where you can remove the core your truck will look like it came out of a junk yard. I'm not trying to scare you. Just trying to impress upon you how involved it is. It took me an entire weekend. But then again I'm old and slow. If you have any doubts, have someone else do it. If you are a confident mechanic; get a factory service manual and go for it. Good luck.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Beginning Member
mh86334 is on a distinguished road

I am not sure if the dash is set up like a 96, but if it is, it was pretty straight forward. If you have a chilton's manual, even though they aren't the best, it will get you through it. I did mine in about two hours. I agree that its your heater core.