2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

help asap!!! module question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Beginning Member
elcoomagnifico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help asap!!! module question

i was wondering if anyone know what that module is on the passenger side, on the floor by your feet on the right side?? i think i here a clicking coming from there and don't know if i could try to change it out. anyone know what that does for the truck. i am currently having a heating problem when its cold with other problems too. please let me know what it is and what it does for the truck if anyone knows.... thanks

Old 01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: help asap!!! module question

Should be the transfer case control module - TCCM. Are you having any 4wd issues? Although im sure theres other stuff down there though..

Old 01-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Beginning Member

well here is my problem, if its some what warm it will work but when its cold out, i dont get 4x4, buttons wont work, along with heat, dash lights (no p,r,n,d and mileage wont show up)and windshield wiper. ill be driving down the road or letting it warm up even tho its not working and the system will reset and everything will start working. i just notice a clicking sound down there when everything isnt working so thought maybe that might be it.. running out of option with everything i done to try to fix it.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Since so many systems are affected, I would highly doubt that it is a problem with the TCCM. I would more look at the grounds for a problem.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Beginning Member

well i did try to put a remote start in but got about half way through it and that is when i started to have my problems. i tried to retrace my step but really no luck... u think u would have any idea to look for a ground wire???

Old 01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Some are up over the parking brake lever on the firewall. Those are the two main grounds for the dash.

But now that you mention that you were installing a RS, what work did you do to the wiring? Did you cut any wires? Pull on the harness much?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Beginning Member

the only wires that i touch where the ones down the by bcm and igintion switch but i had that switch replace cuz i thought it might be that. and only one wire that plug into the pcm. for the tach sence as my direction told me

just tapped into them no cutting at all

Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Beginning Member

i took it to the dealership the other day and they cleaned the ground and checked over some stuff. they had it working and couldnt get it to act up again, but to day, it didnt work at all. gonna have to take it back in tomorrow unless someone has a different idea that i can look into.
*COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS*
another thing ill throw out there is i did try to hook up the passlock system and i did cut it out when i started with my problems.. would i have any problem cutting it out when i did try to hook it up. could that led to my problems too... would it be worth it to try to hook it back up??

Old 02-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Beginning Member

another thing ill throw out there is i did try to hook up the passlock system and i did cut it out when i started with my problems.. would i have any problem cutting it out when i did try to hook it up. could that led to my problems too... would it be worth it to try to hook it back up??

Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Any messing around with the pass-lock and primary ignition wiring can lead to problems. I would remove any additional equipment and repair any wiring which was cut, modified, and/or otherwise damaged in the install and go from there.