2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help me w/ abs mod to caliper lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:12 AM
fletch125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me w/ abs mod to caliper lines

So today I lost all brakes while driving home. Got it in the garage and pulled the driver tire off to find that the lines that go from the abs mod down to the frame (2lines one goes to driver caliper and other goes to the other brake lines) were squirting fluid when I pushed the pedal. The clip that holds them caused them to rust and leak. Now I know I have to replace the lines but can anyone tell me what fasteners ill need? (Bubble, etc) and I believe its 3/16" lines.

Old 06-19-2014, 02:18 PM
spittybays

That is a classic spot, for some reason when they made the bend at the factory it got f'd up. Of course they used the cheapest steel line.

If you have access to some other transport. Take them off, you will need to hit them with some heat, propane will do.

Take the lines to a brake shop and have them make them for you, should be no more then $50. There are so many different flares, its a nightmare.

As far as the clips are concerned, for electrical wiring they make hold down clamps that are black plastic coated, you take them and spray them with CRC corrosion protector. That should do yea!

Will take a look to show you what I'm talk'in about.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/stai...eel-clamps.php

Last edited by spittybays; 06-19-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:51 PM
fletch125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spittybays
That is a classic spot, for some reason when they made the bend at the factory it got f'd up. Of course they used the cheapest steel line.

If you have access to some other transport. Take them off, you will need to hit them with some heat, propane will do.

Take the lines to a brake shop and have them make them for you, should be no more then $50. There are so many different flares, its a nightmare.

As far as the clips are concerned, for electrical wiring they make hold down clamps that are black plastic coated, you take them and spray them with CRC corrosion protector. That should do yea!

Will take a look to show you what I'm talk'in about.

Insulated Stainless Steel Cable Clamps
Took me 4 days but i did it! I was very suprised but they were all double flares!!!! After i finished I discovered nickel plated copper brake line.....you can just about tie a bow with these by hand and they dont kink or break.....unfortunately I found these after I made mine with steel line!!