2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help please!! Locked out and truck running!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please!! Locked out and truck running!

I have a 97 blazer that I accidentally hit the lock button on after I started her and now I am locked out!! Does anyone know a trick to getting into these trucks?? I am new to the blazers and don't have a clue about where to start. Anyones help woudl be very much appreciated!

Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
rooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Help please!! Locked out and truck running!

gotta a rock or hammer the passanger side windows work better so the cold wind wont be blowing on you. lol
honestly u can try a wire hanger fitted like a slimjim and try and work it. all the while the lock smith should already be on his way, that is if u had called him

Old 12-29-2006, 07:20 PM
dax44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, coat hanger to hit the lock/unlock button. Scratched paint is the cheapest fix.

Doug

Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
USMaverick101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a wood chock, or something you can sort of pry the door open with,...once you have a small gap in the door, try to shimmy the handleof a pair of pliers down the edge of the door( the handle of a pair of pliers because theyre rubber and it wont scratch),..once you have enough room, try to use a wire hanger to hit the unlock button. In my case I used my ice hockey stick. Something thin and not toweak. Good Luck and tell us how it went.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:57 PM
swdockter is an unknown quantity at this point

Good advice above. Been there, done that.

Here is what I did out of desperation.....wedged a piece of wood between door and pillar. unscrewed antenna and hit the unlock button

Old 12-29-2006, 09:44 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY EVERYONE!!!...........if you have your ID (driver's license)...VIN and registration....you can take it to any G.M. dealer and they can get your key code from G.M. (assuming the lock has never been re-coded) and cut you a brand new key for a few bucks! SAVE THE PAINT AND THE GLASS!!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Or if you have AAA they will be out in 15 minutes and do it for you!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
Brian J. Lesko is an unknown quantity at this point

I did that once. AAA got it open for me in about 5 minutes. The next day I went to Home Depot and got a copy of my key made. I knocked off the plastic end piece of the key with a bench grinder so that I would have a nice flat key that would easily fit into my wallet. Now I don't have to worry about locking myself out anymore.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 AM
Lilcheef is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for your replies!! I just used the wood chuck idea and I shoved a giant ruler down the crack and hit the unlock button lol. I felt like a dumbass but w/e it's all good now. And the idea of the G.M. dealer would have worked except the truck had the only copy of the registration in it cause I just registerd it. And there is also 3 feet of snow out and I didn't want to drive 2 hours to a chevy dealer. But yea the wood chuck with a small cloth on it to prevent scratching opened it up enough to shove something down there.

Thank you again for your responces!!!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 03:47 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Good to hear that you got in.
I bet it's nice and warm in the truck.

Quick Reply: Help please!! Locked out and truck running!