2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Here is the deal with my AC....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
muleman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Here is the deal with my AC....

MY COMPRESSOR IS LEAKING REAL BAD.. SO I JUST BOUGHT A REMAN.. COMPRESSOR, NEW WASHERS, 3 NEW O RINGS, 2 ORIFICE TUBES.. QUESTION IS HOW TO FLUSH THE OLD DEBRI OUT OF THE SYSTEM, ALL THE R134 HAS LEAKED OUT SO I WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT.. JSUT DONT WANT TO HAVE DEBRI IN THERE AND RUIN THE COMPRESSOR.. NEVER MESSED WITH THIS BEFOR THANKS...

Old 05-29-2008, 02:40 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Here is the deal with my AC....

to quote: "Caps lock is not cruise control for cool"

You need a vac pump to pull all the old fluid/oil/debris out of the compressor and lines. Probably a recharge kit so you can flush fluid in and then pull out with the vac pump.

Even if there is a better way to 'flush'.....you will need a vac pump to pull air out of the system once you open it up regardless of if there is refridgerant or not. If you leave ANY air in the lines you will have moisture in the system, and that will kill your compressor quicker than anything.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 PM

yea im going to take the blazer to a shop to do a refill and vaccum... what i need to know is i want to do the flush so i know its done.. is it done by just taking the lines off and pouring the solvent in and blowing out with compressed air is there something the shop will do different.. them to fill up and vaccum old out is going to be around 110.00 so i dont want spend more than i have to if i jsut can do it myself thanks...

Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
alamantia is an unknown quantity at this point

i wouldnt bother with the flush

Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM

why no flush??? this is the second compressor i have put on, the OEM that came from the factory the clutch locked on it... just afraid i might have metal shavings in the system... i have never flushed a AC system before and really dont know how?? they have some AC flush solvent at the auto parts store i'M guessing your pour it in then blow out with compressed air.... not sure though

Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point

You just said the old compressor was leaking real bad, you never mentioned the clutch locked up...besides flushing it, autozone will loan you a vacuum and a set of guages w/a tap to fill it....alot of useful info ishere----->HERE!There is also a how-to --->HERE!Hope this helps.....I did this myself and it works as-if it just came off of the lot....any questions pm me.. I bought 3 cans 134, 8oz pag oil...1/2 in the compressor, 1/2 in the accumulator(I hope you changed the accumulator/drier and orfice tube!) Also, if your system is contaminated, your orfice tube will have junk in it, and your lines at the compressor(on the inside) will be extremely filthy.
EDIT: also, if you don't wanna flush it, they sell in-line filters you can install...check out the firstlink