2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

is it hot in here or is it just me

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Beginning Member
preditor5.0 is on a distinguished road
Default is it hot in here or is it just me

whats up everyone? got a 98 blazer 4x4 that failed inspection because the coolant temp switch (drivers side beween cyl. 3 and 5), the switch is there but I can not find the wires for it, it seems the entire pigtail is gone. I have searched over the vehicle and cant seem to find the wires anywhere, I have a new pigtail for it and need to get this fixed, so does anyone know where the wires go?

Old 04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Beginning Member
Talking

well no one is very helpful today huh?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could wait a bit instead of being impatient... Board rules state to wait a minimum of 24 hours before bumping a post. Besides, have you considered that most people are at work now, paying the bills...?...

Concerning your problem, the wiring runs into the main harness and up over the top of the motor to the PCM.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Beginning Member

I was being a smart a** hence the smilely on top! and I know it goes to the main harness but I have all the wires pulled out and can not find it, not even a broke or cut wire.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Because a smiley makes it ok...

So if you already knew where they went, why did you ask? Or do you have a more specific question that you would like the answer to by way of ESP? I'm thinking the answer now, are you receiving it??

Old 04-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Starting Member
1997 red blazer is on a distinguished road

Is there even a temp sensor it the head on the drivers side on your 98 ?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Beginning Member

ok well let me clear things up here. yes there is a temp switch on the drivers side head and maybe a smiley does not make it ok by your book I was simply bored and time goes by slow when you are bored sorry if I offended anyone, and I guess what I am looking for is maybe a pinout of the computer harness since I have the whole main harness out and I still see no wire or pigtail for this sensor again I apologize for being bord and impatient

Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Starting Member

Does the temp sensor have a place for a wire to plug -in to it or is it just a dummy plug that looks like a sensor ? Have you looked at it real Close? Does your temp gauge work on your Blazer now ?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Beginning Member

yeah the guage works and yes there is a wire for it, http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...&parentId=52-0

its the temp switch, went to the junk yard to look at other ones and they all have the same thing one sensor in the thermostat housing and then the switch in the drivers side head, still havent been able to find where the wire goes. the whole harness is stripped of all the convolted tubing and still cant find anything so I think I need to find a pinout of the computer

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Starting Member

Were they a 98 ? I am thinking it never had that set-up as your temp gauge is working and you can not find a wire. My 98 Bravada does not have the wire either.

Last edited by 1997 red blazer; 04-22-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: info

Quick Reply: is it hot in here or is it just me