2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

"Houston the Current ROTM has a problem" - So PLEASE help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
I have a thought...... IF it is in fact your upper control arms/ball joints. I know this isn't a "cheap" or "quick" fix, but it MIGHT WORK. These control arms Summit Racing SUM-770240 - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Front Control Arms - Overview - SummitRacing.com seem to have an angle on the ball joint, if you flip the ball joint to the side opposite where it is in the picture it looks like it would give you a better angle, and would also push the angle of the control arm itself down more condusive to your lift angle. Plus the fact that it's tubular it's probably stronger than the stock one.

NOTE: everything i've said is speculation, I don't know for sure if it would work. But it makes sense in my head.

EDIT: after looking again IF it were to work you may have to swap R and L control arms to flip them upside down the way i was thinking.
Yea I was trying to see if those would fit or do me justice... I don't think they're going to. I think I'm just going to go with the Superlift 2" A-Arms, they're tubular as well and look as if they'll support my ball joint spacer AND balljoint (AND an 18 wheeler) at a better angle. I'm just wondering how my shocks are going to fit threw all that metal!?

But nonetheless, I'm either going to give those a try. Since they HAVE to be longer, giving THEY ARE for a suspension lift. Hell, I can get away with using stock ones forever probably! That is if I stay out of mud, ruts; and excited ppl with their lifted trucks and their tow ropes.... which just so happen to have one end connected to my hook and one to their hitch!!! If times get tight around Christmas I may HAVE to cut the upper a arms of some scraped stock UCA's to fit the damn shocks on this cheap *** Trail Master 5" BS and keep rolling like I was before! You get what you pay for I guess.

If all else fails (and I mean EVERYTHING), I'll try Rough Country's upper A Arms. (highly doubtful though) The only thing I don't like about those is they are not the same stock balljoints, so therefor you'd probably have to get specific balljoints from THEM forever and theirs no using the spacers that I think are a WONDERFUL addition to my BIG lift....makes it easy to maintain camber issues with the turn of some bolts!!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Worst case scenario if you have to you can trim some of the metal to fit the shocks through. I don't think you'll hurt the structural integrity too much as long as you don't take too much metal off. If you have to take more metal off than you are comfortable with you could always get some DOM tubing and cut out the center brace on the superlift A arm then notch and weld the DOM in where your shocks can still go through but also maintain the integrity of the arm.