2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I need alot of help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
PawNtheSandman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need alot of help.

I purchased a 1998 S-10 2dr Blazer. It is the 4x4 v6 4.3L

I purchased it in 2002 with 37k on it.
It now has 66k on it.

Besides regular oil and air filter changes I have

In 2003
Replaced belt
New tires
New front and rear rotors and pads

In 2004
Replaced thermostat
New Water Pump
Flushed radiator
Replaced fuel filter

In 2005
Replaced belt tensioner
New Master Cylinder
front bearings
Replaced rear calipers and rotors (caliper spring broke, thus destryoing the 2 year old rotors)
Cleaned all carbon off of throttle body.

I was wondering if there was any aftermarket throttlebodies that would allow for more airflow? I don't want to spend $250 for a F&N cold air kit either.

I am also having problems shifting into 4 WD so I will try to replace the vacuum switch. I need the part number or an image or link to an online retailer that sells it. The people at Napa quoted me $36 but I thought it was around $50 so I want to make sure they are quoting me the correct piece.

I was wondering what else I should be getting ready to do? Plugs, wires, distributor? The front calipers are looking horrible. How hard are they to change yourself? The Haynes manual has been alot of help in guiding me through most of what I have done, but I am hesitant to work on the brakes. The front wheel is also making a skreaching noise when I drive under 10mph. I clean the rotors and the noise goes away for a few days then returns. The pads are only 2 years old so would they wear out this quickly?

I am also having the infamous wiper problem. I plan on resoldering the circuit board this weekend.

Any suggestions on what else I should be looking to do?

Old 04-20-2005, 10:54 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I need alot of help.

plugs wires like you said maybe a fuel filter change if that hasnt been done in a while, maybe a chasis lube? ..... as for the brakes i cant help you with that im in the same boat as far as workin on them myself... sorry dude

Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 PM
dobbist is an unknown quantity at this point

well for brakes i usualy replace them every year but i also have to slam on the brakes a lot, i tell ya women should not be allowed to drive

Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 PM

Did a fuel filter a few months back. The old one was 3 years old and wasn't clogged and had barely dirt or rust.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:59 PM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be lookin to replace plugs, wires, distributor cap, and ignition rotor.

Front brake pads don't last long on my truck for the same reason they don't on Dobbist's, lol.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: dobbist

well for brakes i usualy replace them every year but i also have to slam on the brakes a lot, i tell ya women should not be allowed to drive
HEY now!!! I had to slam on my brakes for a GUY last night that turned left right in front of me....I always have GUYS cutting me off, not the women...

Old 04-22-2005, 05:03 PM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

You haven't experienced frustration till you've driven behind my mom. She drives like a drunk, lol. She'll speed up, then slow back down, speed up, and slow back down again. I almost totalled my Mustang one day cuz I was followin her and got pissed off. I slung it down into 4th and slung around her...and there was a car coming. Ironically it was a Blazer, hehe.

But yeah, I'm gonna have to stick with Dobbist on this one. I've had to slam on brakes for women way more than I have men

Old 04-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

uh-oh, i see a fight brewing up here. i think youre a little out numbered moonwater. i have to take a new side here...old people are the worst drivers. they're the ones who drive into malls and into the middle of parades and run people over. plus they ride their brakes, so you never know when they're really going to stop. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 04-23-2005, 12:02 AM

Well, I just put in a new PCV valve.

I took out the wiper circuit board and resoldered the cracked pins. Hopefully that will solve my ghost wiper problem.

Tomorrow I replace the vacuum switch.

Then the only thing left is the calipers.

Old 04-24-2005, 03:08 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

The aftermarket throttle bodies are WAAAY more expensive than a CAI. Also, as for your 4x4 problem, have the car PC checked. Blazers have a problem with the program for the 4x4 (98+ blazers and s10's) It just needs to be reprogrammed. I just had it done a few months ago

Quick Reply: I need alot of help.