2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I need help.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:50 AM
sprkz is on a distinguished road
Red face I need help.......

ok guys here is the dilema, 95 blazer with no turn,stop or hazard light on the PASSENGER SIDE ONLY, i have checked and replaced the bulbs, i have replaced the brake switch, and i have just replaced the turn signal multifunction switch, and i als checked the 2 relays under the dash also and swapped them around since they are the same and stil no luck swapped the relays back to the original way, checked the brakes NONE... turn signal.. NONE..also i have no 3rd Brake light which is a LED light..... everything on the drivers side and up front works just fine, just no right brake light, right turn signal, and no right hazard light, what am i missing, the only thing that i do have on the passenger side that is working is the parking/running light and the reverse lights... HEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

Last edited by sprkz; 01-30-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that these lights are all on the same filament and wiring at the back of the truck, I would have a good look at the bulb sockets to make sure that it isn't corroded.

You should also check to make sure that the ground is proper. This would affect the parking lights as well.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:14 PM

i checked the sockets and they were fine, and that is what baffles me is that the running lights are just fine both of the bulbs will light up for t he parking lights, but no turn, so i dont know if the connector in side where the bulb makes contact or what...

Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you probe the socket with a test lamp or a multimeter to verify that you have +12V when the brakes, turn, or hazards are triggered?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM

i have cheap lil test light that i can use, so would i ground it then stick the probe inside and hit the brake light? it should light up then shouldnt it?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Yes, hook the probe to a good ground and hit your hazards (can be done with the key off) and walk back to the back of the truck and probe the connections in the light socket. You should get to the one for the hazard/turn/brake filament and it should blink.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:49 PM

k i pulled the pass. side light out and turn on the parking lights and stuck the prbe in and it light up when i put it in and tuch the little metal connector, the bigger metal connter it did nthing i am assuming that ne is the ground, so then i turned the parking lights off and turned on the hazards and stuck the probe back in and it would not light up at all... so is my socket bad ?

Old 01-30-2010, 08:54 PM

so i went and bought 2 new sockets, and i got one of them replaced and I am still having the same problem, nw i am not sure if since both the bulbs would not work for the brake, that by only replacing just one of the sockets will correct the problem... i have hesitated t replace the second one for right now, trying t fiqure what else this could be ...

Old 01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

test the wire behind the socket. if you're not getting power to the socket in the first place, the socket is not going to be the problem or the bulb. let us know if you're getting power before the socket. you could even probe the wire to see if you're getting power

Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
metmag52 is on a distinguished road

That could be a switch problem ( on the column )--I agree--you need to see if there is power coming to the rear plug before you start cutting and splicing--

Gary

Quick Reply: I need help.......