2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I need help.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 AM
sprkz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

i replaced the switch yesterday, that was alotta fun... lol so it cant be there cause everything else is still working as it was with the old switch, i will test the wires bebind the sockets t see if that could be a soloution, my thing then would be that i would have to have a bad wire some where.. but i have traced the wires to inside the cab all the way up to the back seats, so more than likely i have a bad wire some where or it is grounding out, but on the other side i am not popping any fuses... is there ANYTHING under the hood i can check or is this a self cntained in the cab problem, and i dont have any kind of tw package on there, but i am sure that if i looked i can find the wires where it can be hoked up, would this potentially be a problem also ..

Old 02-06-2010, 02:58 AM
remery is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm having this same problem on the wife's zr2, just its on the drivers side.

did you find anything new out?

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

In my personal humble opinion....Stop spending money by throwing new parts at a problem that can be diagnosed with a wiring diagram, a test light, knowledge how to make them all work and a little bit of patience. With these, you can find you problem in a shorter time than it takes to drive to the parts store to waste more money. Electricity is witchcraft to those who don't understand it. If youre going to be doing your own work, I would seriously consider a basic electricity class. You would be AMAZED how often you will use it. Then you will look like the hero when you can solve your buddies problems that HE was throwing un-needed parts at.

Go to the library or search for a wiring diagram for your truck. They are worth their weight in gold. (When youre done with it, put it in youre glove box. you WILL need it again! ) grab some colored pencils and trace the path the current takes to get from the battery to the lights youre having trouble with. Chances are, You will find a point on the diagram where all the wires connect. (Dont forget your grounds! they are 50% of the circuit) Thats the point would be where I would start looking. There is a really good chance you could pinpoint the problem from your dining room table before you even open the door on your truck!

Im sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. But learning good troubleshooting techniques is much more valuable than being able to install new (un-needed) parts quickly until you accidently find the problem.

Oh yea...every once in a while you will come across a problem that is unsolvable.....Ask someone else to look at it, sometimes a fresh face will see something youve been staring at but couldnt see. Been there done that!. GOOD LUCK!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristoph30
In my personal humble opinion....Stop spending money by throwing new parts at a problem that can be diagnosed with a wiring diagram, a test light, knowledge how to make them all work and a little bit of patience. With these, you can find you problem in a shorter time than it takes to drive to the parts store to waste more money. Electricity is witchcraft to those who don't understand it. If youre going to be doing your own work, I would seriously consider a basic electricity class. You would be AMAZED how often you will use it. Then you will look like the hero when you can solve your buddies problems that HE was throwing un-needed parts at.

Go to the library or search for a wiring diagram for your truck. They are worth their weight in gold. (When youre done with it, put it in youre glove box. you WILL need it again! ) grab some colored pencils and trace the path the current takes to get from the battery to the lights youre having trouble with. Chances are, You will find a point on the diagram where all the wires connect. (Dont forget your grounds! they are 50% of the circuit) Thats the point would be where I would start looking. There is a really good chance you could pinpoint the problem from your dining room table before you even open the door on your truck!

Im sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. But learning good troubleshooting techniques is much more valuable than being able to install new (un-needed) parts quickly until you accidently find the problem.

Oh yea...every once in a while you will come across a problem that is unsolvable.....Ask someone else to look at it, sometimes a fresh face will see something youve been staring at but couldnt see. Been there done that!. GOOD LUCK!
Preach on! A lot of people could better use their money buying a good manual & tools rather than replacing XYZ to fix A.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:07 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Cruising through my wiring diagrams. it was for a tahoe - not a blazer. but it looks like the lights on each corner of the vehicle have their own ground. goes to the frame rail. give it a look