2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Im doin the seafoam!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:28 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Im doin the seafoam!

I know I am a little precautious, but let me get this strait. I take off the tube that goes from my airbox to the top of my engine. Once I get that off I dribble this stuff down into the top of this TB that this tube just came off...correct?

I just took the top of the intake of in about 1 minute, was surprised on how easy it was to take off. Now can I leave the brake booster hose unhooked and just dangeling? (I am guessing that hose hooked to the plastic intake on the top of the engine is the brake booster)

Old 12-19-2006, 06:54 PM

Alright I just did it since I didnt get any answers and got a little impatient lol. I poured it in but it didnt seem to try stalling on me. It did try stalling though when I poured it in fairly rapidly. Then once I got down to 1/3 left I gave it a bunch and it tried stalling and it ran very sluggishly but it burn it off and kept going. I tried it again with more and it did the same thing. So I just decided to turn it off. It only takes in so much at a time unless you give it throttle but when you do that it just burns it off faster. I dont feel like this was very successful.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:05 PM
skitzobmxr is an unknown quantity at this point

i want to seafoam my truck to but i dont understand how to, i read the pst from earlier and i ahve no idea wut anyones talkin about, cant u just pour it in ur gas tank because that eventually will get to the TB right?

Old 12-19-2006, 07:12 PM

I will explain it to you because I was a nub at this too until I read and asked like 100 questions.

1. Look at your airbox.
2. Now look where the tube goes from the air box, it goes to the top of the engine. (Throttle Body)
3. Now unscrew the handscrew on the back left of this if you are standing in front of your blazer.
4. Looses the clamp thing holding the top plastic thing to the air duct. (lol sorry for calling things, "things")
5. Now take it off, it may take some wiggeling...
6. You are now looking at the throttle body.
7. Take your seafoam and pour it into this when your engine is up to temp.
8. Pour it in at a rapid pace, just enough to keep the engine from stalling.
9. Before you get to 1/3 left of the seafoam pour it in rapidly so the engine will stall.
10. Engine will now stall, but if not, turn the engine off and let it sit for 15 minutes.
11. Pour rest into the gas tank.
12. After 15 minutes go drive your blazer, drive it hard so it breaks all that gunk loose.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:21 PM

ok, thx, putting it in steps and explaing each one makes it alot easier to understand i think im goin to go buy some tonight....did u get a lot of smoke when u did it?

Old 12-19-2006, 07:48 PM

I didnt get the same results as everyone else. When I was pouring it in it was smoking like crazy, but the thing never stalled on me when I poured a lot into it so when I let it sit after shutting it off for 15 minutes and coming back out and starting it up I got no smoke...

Old 12-19-2006, 07:54 PM

did it start up right away or did u have to crank on it

Old 12-19-2006, 08:12 PM

Well it didnt start up like it normally would, but it definatly wasnt hard to start. Maybe 2 seconds of cranking...

Old 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM

haha mine takes afew seconds of cranking everytime i start it

Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Starting Member
mrspeedy69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I poured seafoam directly in my TB the other day and it did the same as yours, it ran rough but never stalled. I let it sit and then i started it back up, it smoked but not as much as i thought it would. So i'm kind of like you, i'm not sure if i did it right or not. So do you have to replace your spark plugs after you do this?

Quick Reply: Im doin the seafoam!