2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Im a girl getting riped off; taking it to shops and having to get the job done twice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Im a girl getting riped off; taking it to shops and having to get the job done twice.

il go with you

[/align]

Old 02-08-2008, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Im a girl getting riped off; taking it to shops and having to get the job done twice.

Is the brake pedal soft? In that you have to press it all the way to the floor before the brakes take hold? Along with air in the lines or bulging lines, might be your master cylinder. I'd suggest you find someone to teach you how to turn a wrench and you'll be saving a LOT of money in the future.

Its really not that complicated, I promise.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Several people have said it already, but I'll say it again...

It's nearly impossible to put a brake rotor on wrong! I've done disc brakes on my Blazer, as well as on two Cavaliers, a Maxima, a Grand Am, a Legend, and a Corsica -- and they're all done the same, in the sense that 1) you take off the wheel, 2) you remove the calipers, and 3) the rotor comes right off the hub. It fits directly over the lugs. A middle school kid could do it.

I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. I'm saying it to let you know that these people are TOTALLY BSing you. Unfortunately, businesses that sell and/or repair cars are still very sexist nowadays, but the truth is that they won't change because not enough women care enough about really learning about how their cars work. I'll give you an example. My wife sells cosmetics, and there are women that will spend hours at her counter checking things out until they find something they like. Why can't they do the same thing when it comes to their ride? You depend on it to get from point A to point B. It takes care of you -- so you should make it your business to take care of it also. That's why I ask a lot of my female friends questions like "Do you know how to change a tire?" If not, why not? Learn how! Knowledge is freedom.

The best defense against getting ripped off -- whether it's buying a computer, a car, a house, a new suit, whatever -- is by educating yourself about the product. You can start by purchasing a Haynes manual at your local parts store, which is specific to the model of your vehicle. Even if you never plan to do your own repairs, it can at least help you to understand how everything works, so that you have more leverage when dealing with mechanics. Once they realize you know a little about what they're talking about, they're more careful about lying to you -- because then they know they can be sued if they screw up. Welcome to the BlazerForum, and good luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i'm sure theres someone here on the forum thats close to u to help u out so u dont have to take it to a shop and get ripped off plus they can teach u so u know atleast what to look for so u can catch it better when u get ripped off. ya i'd say take it back to the first place and tell them to fix it right or u'll sue cuz thats unsafe adn they can get in trouble for that

Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

4 days of trying to give advice out fromalot of people and NO response to anyones post yet?????? wutts wit dat....

Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: 2002XTREME

4 days of trying to give advice out fromalot of people and NO response to anyones post yet?????? wutts wit dat....

I agree, this is weird to not have a reply by now!! I hope your not scared of us were only trying to help!!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

..what has become of this issue piggyb00?..maybe you found a clever way to make thoseincorrectly installed'roaders' functional.. :?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:15 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Give up on it, guys. I doubt we'll hear any more about it.A little sleuthing on the 'net shows this person makes 1 or 2 posts on a site and then disappears.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

A little sleuthing on the 'net shows this person makes 1 or 2 posts on a site and then disappears.
---------------------------------------
Hey you got to let me in on this "sleuthing"-thing!
How ever does a person go about checking such activities
OB1'rriddle3 ???

Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, no can do. Trade secret.
Hhmmmm...

Oh, all right, but just this once! Open a window in Internet Explorer, in the address bar type in http://www.google.com. When that site opens, in the 'search' window type 'piggyb00', hit 'enter'. The window that opens will show links to websites that this person has been to!

I'm sorry blzR, I just couldn't resist. I'm bored.

Quick Reply: Im a girl getting riped off; taking it to shops and having to get the job done twice.