2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I'M SURE MY PROB WILL STUMP YOU ALL!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:51 PM
fun2b1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'M SURE MY PROB WILL STUMP YOU ALL!!!!

WONT LET ME F'N POST!!!the entire issue so I'll start with stumblign and stalling... replaced tps ... continued to do it when engine temp cold ....P0107, p0122, p0123, p0131..after I replaced the tps... mechanic found nothing wrong and the codes disappeared on him... he replaced the map... fuel pressure is @ 60 psi starting and running continues to stall he ran tests on every sensor with OTC genisys 2.0 IAT, IAC, MAP, TPS, MTV, CAM PS, CRANK PS, ICM, IGN COIL, Oil Pressure Sensor, VCM, Coolant temp sensor, and jsut abotu any other sensor you can name if I missed any.. everythign checked out.. he said I got him stumped... lets see if any gurus here can help... btw... fuel filter and pump replaced about 6 mos ago... fpr on spider replaced abotu 2-4 months ago... any ideas???

Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: I'M SURE MY PROB WILL STUMP YOU ALL!!!!

First off, leave the foul mouth at the door. No one here is as frustrated with the forum as I am as I have run into this problem probably 20 times more in the last half hour than any one else here.

Now, I am going to have to say that you either have a wiring problem or a PCM problem.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Default RE: I'M SURE MY PROB WILL STUMP YOU ALL!!!!

first off I've been tryin for the past 4 hours.. forgive me if I dont care about 30 mins....second do you ALWAYS have to reprimand me EVERY time you make your first reply???why not jsut help with the issues???

Old 07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: IM SURE MY PROB WILL STUMP YOU ALL!!!!

My JOB here first and foremost is to make sure that EVERYONE abides by the rules of the forum. Maybe in all of those reprimands, you would read, understand, and abide by the rules? Is that so hard to ask??

And for the record, I have been struggling to help EVERYONE here for the last 6 hours and somehow I havent regressed into F this and F that. I was just making the statement that I have run into this problem MANY times over what many of you have. I share your frustration, but the rules dont change just because you cannot post.

About your problem, see my edit above. Took me 20 minutes just to get that edit to work right. Now, if I am not welcomed to comment further in this post, Ill bounce. Good luck man.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:39 PM

would love to get into the personal aspect of this.. BUT wont let me post it.. so yeah...

VCM (OBDII)changed with known working one.. same issues.... I redid the wiring harness 2 mos ago... and considering I took more precautions than the factory... and all of the sensors check out.. I dont think its wiring...

what abotu sugarin the gas tank????

Old 07-10-2008, 10:57 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

The sugar would only last through one tank, it would be dissolved in the gas. After you burnt that tank there would only be a very small amount. How many miles was it since that fuel filter 6 months ago. I know up where I am for the summer they are adding 10% ethanol to the gas and it is plugging up everyones filters and for the first week the stations got it pump filters needed to be changed hourly.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:10 AM

fuel injector cleaner and a clean tank of gas should clear it up right? i still have about 1/2 tank cuz I filled the 4th and it happened the 5th... but it doesnt explain the tps issue.... high/low voltage...are tps, map, and o2sensor circuits internal to the vcm???

Old 07-13-2008, 05:52 PM

bump/
btw.. exhaust has always been loud.. was told by mech cat was hollwoed out... could that be one issue and could it have fried the o2 causing the low volt tps/maf/o2 b1s1and high volt tps?

Old 07-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Starting Member
if6was9 is an unknown quantity at this point

The cat may have been hollowedout due to it being clogged. I had to do the same to get home when a ’95 Firebird I owned backed up. It’s a good suspect for problems.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 PM
hoodsblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I think it is the ground wires on the intake. Those codes scream ground issue to me. Clean em', check em, tighten em'!

Quick Reply: I'M SURE MY PROB WILL STUMP YOU ALL!!!!