2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

injectors repetitively going

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Beginning Member
chevyguy90 is on a distinguished road
Default injectors repetitively going

why would my injectors have had to be replaced two times within twenty thousand miles? any guesses. yours is as good as mine

Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

ummm what are ya working on? year etc...lol

Old 09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chevyguy90
why would my injectors have had to be replaced two times within twenty thousand miles? any guesses. yours is as good as mine
Someone guessing at what's wrong?

As said above, what are you working on?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member

its on a 1995 with a vortec engine.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Why does it need to be replaced?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:07 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

was the spider unit used or new both times? a little more info would help us,,what all have you done to it already? fuel pump? fuel filter?..what makes you say it is the spider injector at fault? here i am asking you questions when it should be the other way around lol

Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member

dont know if the spider unit was used or new. bought the truck with the intention to swap the whole thing out, just tryin to see if its worth it to just replace that. i know a new fuel filter was put in, not pump. the ignition coil and the injectors were bad was what i was told when i bought it, dont know if thats actually it. the guy before me replaced the injectors twice within 20k when he had it.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Beginning Member

**** also knowing that spider injectors are a common to go in higher milage. i do know a little about the vortec engines just not a whole bunch

Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Beginning Member
idrd is on a distinguished road
Smile

Very weird indeed to replace two spider units in 20,000 miles. Unless they were rebuilt and not from a reputable place. Rebuilt is rebuilt though and new is new. Not sure about the 95 but the 96 has an upper intake you can take off and inspect/clean the spider unit and poppets.

Replaced the intake manifold gasket on mine at about 120,000 miles and cleaned all of the above up and now has 137,000 on it and they are humming along like new. I had bought a complete rebuilt spider unit but after I cleaned them up there was no need to put it on and sold it to a friend of mine. The Spider unit and injectors on mine are all the orginal ones that came with the truck.

Make sure that someone is not screwing up replacing the plug unit at the top of the spider unit that secures the the pins on the injectors. On my 96 its easy to get to. When I replaced the intake manifold gaskets I found our reeeeeeeeeal fast how screwed up the truck will run if you bend one of the little pins over and its not inserted properly. When you idle and at first take off its like riding a bronco but then evens out as you get going. Learned something new real quick.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Beginning Member

thanks. im just trying now to debate if i should rebuild what needs to be in the new one or just swap it. appreciate the help

Quick Reply: injectors repetitively going