2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Interior light....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 PM
duckster_37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interior light....

Hi guys, I was wondering if any one could help me out.
My interior light is always on. I have to push the "dome override button to get it to shut off. also as soon as i turn off the ignition my radio shuts off....no r.a.p... i checked the r.a.pfuse and it was good. any ideas.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Interior light....

You mean the dome light correct?

I would do a search alot of people had this problem.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Search for door switch. You have one that is stuck open, causing the lights to stay on.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Search for door switch. You have one that is stuck open, causing the lights to stay on.
yep i had the same problem in my cutlass, door latch caused interior lights to stay on.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
spartan is an unknown quantity at this point

You either have a door that isn't shut all the was or a bad switch. I originally had a bad driver's side switch and had the same problem. I replaced it and the problem went away. It happened again and I thought I had a nother bad switch, but I just opened and closed all of my doors and it went away. Haven't had a problem since.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Starting Member
truesmack is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem with my 2001 blazer, except the dome over ride button doesn't work either to turn off the lights too, I had to pull out the fuse in order to kill the lights. I didn't have any other options either, I was able to figure out. My first thought is its is headlight switch control, because the dome over ride button doesn't work and feels funny when you press it too. But I have also considered it may be the door switch too, may be a stupid question, but where is the door switch located? It didn't really notice it on the blazer, I have changed one before on another vehicle thou, so not sure what I'm overlooking. Thanks.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

check your sensor on your door, between the door and door frame, see if the push button is giong in all the way.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The newer trucks have the door switch in the latch mechanism.

truesmack, your problem is either in the headlight switch or in the wiring after the headlight switch. A grounded out circuit will result in the lights being on all the time. You just have to find where the fault lies. I'd have to look at the wiring schematics, but I believe that if the lights do not turn off when you disconnect the headlight switch, then you have a wiring problem.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
duckster_37 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok guys... i played with the door switch. i know that the drivers door switch works because with the key in the ignition and the drivers door open it dings at me. so i manually push the switch and the chime ends.
So then i figured it was the passenger side switch. I took off a panel to find out the the doorswitch is not even wired up ( no wires visable to hook it up ) .

I seem to remember that as soon as you go to open the drivers door ( open the latch from the inside ) that itself would kill the r.a.p is there a switch inside the latch mechenisim? any ideas?