2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Interior lights not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Beginning Member
6gear is on a distinguished road
Default Interior lights not working properly

My interior lights were staying on and had to use the over ride button to disable them, the dimmer switch was not in the up position but at times I could gentley push the over ride button and get the lights to cycle properly for a day or so but then they would be on before I even got in the vehicle or touched the handle. I have done a search on this but need more help, I just replaced the light switch and initially the lights didn't work right but after messing with over rides and the dimmer switch they cycled properly several times, they came on when key was removed, stayed on 15 secs. after door was closed, went off when vehicle was started but after letting it sit for a hour I went back in my shop and the lights were on. I heard someone mention a module on the passenger side close to the glove box but I am not sure if this is it or I got a bad switch, the switch was new from Oreilly's and I have checked the door switches with the passenger switch no having wiring run to it. 2000 model 2 door

Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Beginning Member

Back to the top

Old 10-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are some very descriptive threads on this problem around here somewhere. I typed out quite a few of the responses.

The likely cause is a malfunctioning or faulty door switch. The two front doors and the back hatch are triggered inside the latch mechanism. The back two doors (if 4dr) have normal pin style, continuity to ground while extended, switches.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Beginning Member

The door switch on the passenger side apparently is not wired from the factory, this is a 2 door model I have checked all switches and they seem fine(driver side door and hatch), is there some sort of relay or control module other than the light switch? I searched as many threads as I could find before posting this and it seems that people either had their dimmer switch pushed all the way up or their door pin wasn't making good contact but neither of these are my problem, thanks for the help.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Beginning Member

I need a little more help

Old 10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

search...?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Beginning Member

OK how about just a yes or a no to the question: Is there some sort of relay or control module other than the light switch

Old 10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

i had the same problem with my '95 Blazer it turned to be corrosion in the main connector under the pass. side das that i guess connects to the computer in the kick panel try disconnecting it and cleaning it with some contact cleaner and plug it back up.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Beginning Member

So where exactely is this located? Is it close to the glove box? Sounds like something worth checking.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

if you go under the pass side dash and drop the panel under the dash its will be right there.

Quick Reply: Interior lights not working properly