2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

This is irritating...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Ok problem solved. I replaced both the t-stat and the temp sensor. At that same pipe that i have a picture of the temperature is now 190-195 which is good. and the gauge reads higher, still not to 210 but higher than before.

But... for some reason my truck was surging after it got up to temp. not at highway speed like i see a lot of other posts about, but from a start. it only did it twice and then didnt do it again. Maybe because the PCM was leaning out the fuel mixture like it really never has before? I dunno thats about the only thing i can think of. But other than that it feels like it runs better and has more power after it gets warmed up, the switch between fuel mixtures is definitely noticeable.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

If it's an OBD problem, the dreaded light will come on Might be the oxygen sensors got carboned up from the rich mixture, which can insulate them and provide incorrect data to the PCM. Take her for a run on the freeway, clean her out

Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Well i found out what the surging was -_- So i was on my to a friends and it did it again so i let off the gas and then got back on it and then at the next light i had no power when i tried to start again, it felt like the tranny was slipping really bad, then the check engine light came on. so i could shift manually and limped it down to my local auto parts store to get the codes read and turns out its the torque converter. i got the P0740-TQ clutch solenoid and P0785- Shift timing solenoid.

Luckily there is oodles of information on here about both of them.

If its not one thing its another i guess

Link to the new thread: More tranny troubles..

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 03-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.