2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Issue with my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 PM
KIBE32179 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Issue with my blazer

i have a 95 blazer, 4.3l v6.... for the last month it has been running fine but then after like a mile when i start to come to a stop the rpms drop and its starts to bog out, i lose my brakes and everything. when my foot is on the gas its fine but sittin still at idol it gos back and forth between 2000 and 7000 rpms, but if i slma he gas in nietral and redline it, it acts fine until it decides to do it again.. its slowly getting worse and i have no idea what it could be

Old 02-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you have a rather large vacuum leak.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

x2 on vac leak, check your booster going to your pedal too. you "lose" brakes or are they really hard to push

Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
KIBE32179 is an unknown quantity at this point

they just get hard to push, but its only when the rpms start dropping and it bogs down... there fine any other time. my mechanic said it could be water in the gas but im looking for any other explinations to it

even in park with no brakes or annything on and just idleing it will continue to bog down and the rpms go back and forth

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-08-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A leaking vacuum booster will cause a problem pretty much all of the time. To test the seal on the vacuum booster for the brakes, start the engine and allow it to idle for a minute or so then shut it down. Locate the large vacuum line running into the booster. There will be a check valve on the end of it. Pull it free from the booster. You should hear a sudden rush of air as the vacuum is released from inside the booster. If you do not, it could be a bad check valve, but given your other symptoms, it will likely be a bad booster.

To determine if the check valve is bad, remove the check valve from the vacuum supply line and reinstall the check valve into the booster. With someone there to start your truck and shut it off for you, hold the vacuum line loosely assembled to the check valve. Have someone start the engine and let it run for a minute or so then shut it back off. As soon as the engine is off, remove the vacuum line and put your finger over the opening of the check valve. Feel for the pull of the vacuum inside the booster. If you do not feel anything, then the check valve is fine.