2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Just bought 2002 ZR2! What to do now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Beginning Member
combatjer is on a distinguished road
Default Just bought 2002 ZR2! What to do now?

Hey everyone, i just bought this ZR2 Yesterday:

I'm trying to fix it up a little, I'm painting the front bumper black again, its been chipped away alot, also I'm thinking about buying a black grill to replace that chrome one on the front.

As far as under the hood... What should i do to make sure I'm getting great performance and max gas mileage. Or in general what do you think i should do to improve it. I'm on like strict budget here haha so like the minimums I'm talking here.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Don't be lazy dude lol, use the search feature & look around in 2nd gen, performance, builds etc. Lots of info here for pretty much anything you may think of doing. Check out other peoples threads/titles etc, most have gotten a CAI, maybe electric fans with shrouds & it goes up from there. Look at my sig for instance lol

Grab a bevy or 4, sit back, open 2 tabs in blazer forum & search around.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:46 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'd throw some 24" rims on there, lower it down and fill the back with subs!

Oh, wait...sorry about that.

You have a ZR2. Make it into what you want to be capable offroad, if that is what you bought it for. Otherwise, it is just a vehicle that is made to get you from point A to point B, plain and simple.

If you want to paint the dash pink to match your finger nails, go for it. If you want to black the whole thing out to match your finger nails, go for it. If you are so insecure as to not know what you want, ask on a public forum what you should do and go with the majority vote so as to look cool.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I REALLY don't care what you do, much as the same as I don't care what you think I do with mine. DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!!

And I do truly apologize for going off on the OP, if it comes across that way. I'm just tired of people asking what they should do to their vehicles. Again, DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!

Look at what other folks have done. Do what you like, don't do what you don't like.

Sorry to the mods. I've bitten my tounge too long on these types of posts.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Beginning Member

I wasn't necessarily talking about like cosmetic wise, sorry if you thought that. but wow I don't know why you bother to reply if you don't care don't see your logic there

I mean like the stuff you cant see like common problems it might have that would be good to check. I don't don't personally know anyone with a blazer.

Last edited by combatjer; 01-15-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

As was posted in the second post just right behind your original post, a simple search will find you more answers than questions.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Beginning Member

Usually that brings up more questions for me or new ones. I hate when people like yourself on forums get so butt hurt over a simple questions and are like 'JUST SEARCH IT' yea I know how to search but I like to have answers straight from people.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

I bought a 2001 ZR2Blazer a short time ago and when I drove it home I could barely keep it on the road. The ball joints were shot. One was so bad I parked it until I could change it.

I'd say check the basics, front end, brakes, belts, hoses, air filter, plugs/cap/rotor. Also door hinge pins.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran

I guess it's a post that has been far too common is all.
A few bevy's & search or just look around as to what your issue may be in the appropriate title etc.
He doesn't mean to be standoffish, just saying is all (in my view)

Enjoy the forum, all is good!

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-16-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Beginning Member

im glad you mentioned door hinge pins, i have a problem with my driver door, it drops a little when i open it. Is this a door hinge pin problem. Its not that big of a deal but its driving me crazy

Also if i jack up the car and spin the tires individually what should i look for? how freely should they spin?

I just searched and found a post with someone with a door hinge pin possible solution... aren't you proud of me I used search to find an answer (which i wouldn't have known to search in the first place without this post)

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-16-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 AM
BF Veteran

Lol I'll take that sarcasm with a beer, ty!
You've got an attitude & that's not a bad thing. I was just saying that a TON of people have asked 'what to do to get the most, power, mileage etc"
It's like a dirt common mustang back in 1997 lol.

Quick Reply: Just bought 2002 ZR2! What to do now?