2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Just bought 2002 ZR2! What to do now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:53 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Yeah.. im not sure what that rant was about, i mean what else would us members be for if no one asked questions. but true it is a common post. But if you think its annoying that people ask the same question then dont bother responding, trust me its not the end of the world. You're computer screen has something called a scroll bar and you can easily move past the post, nothing says you must click on this.

Ok now im ranting but im just tired of other members being grouchy and scaring away the noobies. a simple "well you can search through the posts and find just about every performance and visual mod available for a blazer and pick which ones you want" would have done just fine

AJ i totally get where you are coming from, but im just saying.

Anyways, common performance mods are of course a cold air intake, instead of buying one for 300$ you can make one for about 60$. there is a thread about it but it can be kinda hard to find so if you are interested i can direct you to it. and maybe an exhaust up grade. also the thing i just got interested in is a PCM tune. everyone who has got one said if gives you lots more power and lots better gas mileage. also makes your tranny shift better. you can get it done for 88$ at WAIT4ME performance. there is a thread about that as well, just search "WAIT4ME tune" and you should find it.

good luck! and nice truck!

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 01-16-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member
combatjer is on a distinguished road

I wasn't necessarily talking about you rotti lol at least you were somewhat polite.

Thanks for the advise man, a PCM tune? i'll look into that

Old 01-16-2012, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Somewhat polite? I didn't say anything in disrespect, merely making an observation about the attitude.
If a person doesn't have an attitude & goes through life at a medium pace, not striving or showing they're more, that's all they'll be - medium & never getting more out of life.
I was saying that you have an attitude that shows you go for more etc. Sorry for the miscommunication on that.
& Yeah PCM tunes, wait-for-me tune (search it), Hypertech III or another handheld programmer that plugs into the OBII outlet all have gains & adjustments that you control or ask wait-for-me to put in the pcm.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:03 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

every thing can be found with the search feature

if every 1 used it the forum would be less cluttered with the same questions over and over

LIKE Fuel pump threads
or I WANT a tire carrier on a 4door

Old 01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Starting Member
Gale is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does putting down new members make you taller or something?

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Don't be lazy dude lol, use the search feature & look around in 2nd gen, performance, builds etc. Lots of info here for pretty much anything you may think of doing. Check out other peoples threads/titles etc, most have gotten a CAI, maybe electric fans with shrouds & it goes up from there. Look at my sig for instance lol

Grab a bevy or 4, sit back, open 2 tabs in blazer forum & search around.
When someone gets something that is new to them you could at least act human towards their excitement rather than start the name calling in the first reply.

How would you feel if we started calling you dumb for wasting upgrade $$$ on something that started out as low end metal from the git go?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:41 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
every thing can be found with the search feature

if every 1 used it the forum would be less cluttered with the same questions over and over

LIKE Fuel pump threads
or I WANT a tire carrier on a 4door
the one that gets me is 4WD problem threads.

but a thread like this? by all means make one, get ideas on what you can do. yes true you could get the same result from searching but personally i like giving ideas. then theres some people that dont. And it took me 2 years to find the PCM upgrade idea, and now you know about it. And you may not have ever run across it if i hadn't told you. (oh by the way i just got a "new" PCM out of a 99 blazer and its waiting to get shipped off)

So if your 4WD breaks please dont make a thread about it. Or if something breaks or goes out like say your fuel pump just remember these words "AC Delco" and "Delphi"

Old 01-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not to belabor the point any more than it already has been, but given the content in the first post, it is somewhat obvious that the OP did not put that much effort into looking around the forum before posting. Specifically, the Performance & Brainstorming section where a few ideas could be garnered with little effort and included in his first post. Putting that little amount of effort shows me (and others) that you have tried and are now looking for outside input. Being the busy person that I am, I like to see effort before I give effort. But that's just me.

And I wouldn't call someone making the statement that they think another member is 'lazy' is akin to name calling. It's not like someone was called a POS or worse... It is just an observation of behavior. So many people are so quick to get their undergarments in a twist over such comments and blow things WAY out of proportion. Comments on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt since we don't know each other personally and there is very little way to truly read the intent behind the post. You can just as easily ignore the post as you can tell the other person to ignore your post; pot meet kettle...? So lighten up a bit and move along. You'll live longer (maybe)!...

As far as common performance upgrades, I took the time to start a thread in the aforementioned Performance & Brainstorming section with commonly discussed 'mods' for better performance. Have a look. It's stickied in that section.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gale
When someone gets something that is new to them you could at least act human towards their excitement rather than start the name calling in the first reply.

How would you feel if we started calling you dumb for wasting upgrade $$$ on something that started out as low end metal from the git go?
I had already talked to him about another issue he was having with his blazer in another thread, it wasn't the 1st time we spoke. There wasn't any insult, who called who dumb? Please DO NOT talk to me about wasting money on a vehicle lmao. OMG look at what I've put into my "labour of love".

Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Beginning Member
combatjer is on a distinguished road

Ugh... another person saying "you are lazy asking the same question loook and search and blah blah blah" I know I know I know... I went to the performance brainstorm section its just somewhat confusing and I honestly have no idea where to start. I have learned some things through this thread does that not make this a justifiable post? I like to have answers straight from people in they're own words, and besides some people just like to help even if its over asked or a simple answer.

I have used search to find the answers for a lot of things.. like where the keyless entry module is at.I felt I need to ask this just to help me out a little.. sorry if it annoys some of you.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by combatjer
I like to have answers straight from people in they're own words, and besides some people just like to help even if its over asked or a simple answer.
Considering that every post a person makes is "straight from people in their own words", I'm not sure what you are trying to say...

If there is one thing you should take away from this discussion it is this. The more effort you put in, the more effort others will put in. If you found something confusing, post what & why you found it confusing. If you found something that interested you, post what you found and ask specific questions. Or not. Your choice.

Quick Reply: Just bought 2002 ZR2! What to do now?