2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless enrty Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:16 PM
sczar is on a distinguished road
Default Keyless enrty Problem

I have a 98 blazer, and my keyless entry just stopped working one day. I checked all of my fuses and i tried to reprogram the remote but no luck. I thought it was the battery for the remote so i replaced it and still no luck. I was wondering if you guys could help?

Thanks scott

Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Most autoparts stores now have a little remote tester thing on their counter that you can use to make sure that the remote is still functioning. Try that and go from there. But if you could not get your receiver to enter programming mode, you may have a dead receiver.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:36 AM

ok i will try this thank you. i will let you know how it goes from there.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:18 PM

ya that did not goes as plan. i went to every store with in a 20 mile radius of my house and no stores had the tester. please help me i am back at square one.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The dealer can do it. Or you could just order a replacement remote.

One thing you could do as well is check to make sure that the FCC ID's are the same between the remote and the receiver in the truck.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:47 AM
catr is on a distinguished road

Hi

Please try changing a battery in car remote. This usually helps. You can purchase a new or used car remote from our website - http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/index.html. We offer free shipping for batteries.

If you changed the battery and your keyless entry remote still does not work, most likely you need a new remote. You can purchase a brand new or used good condition (B-stock) remote on our website. All remotes come with a 90 day money back policy. Please click on this link to our website below
http://www.carandtruckremotes.coml

If you have any more questions please contact us at customercare@carandtruckremotes.com

You can also view our FAQ page for answers to common questions. Link below
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/faq.html