2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011 | 09:28 AM
|
Beginning Member
mfd70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Keyless entry

Hi All, I've searched for similar problems but am just getting confused; here's the problem, couldn't unlock using remote control, tried new battery and syncronisation proceedure but it did't work.(I guess the fob has gone bad) Now I have sync.'d it in the past by holding down lock + unlock for 10 seconds and the doors lock and unlock, that does work. But then I also see another proceedure which involves holding down the unlock switch in the vehicle and cycling ignition 2 times, this does nothing ! I also have a similar proceedure in my owner manual but with a code to override immobliser, but I don't have the code !
Others seem to say only a GM dealer can re-program the fob.
So, can I just buy a new fob and syncronise it ?
Or can I just permanently bypass the immobilizer and just open it using the keys ?

1999 Blazer LT with the factory keyless system the code on the fob is GM/UTA....

Old 02-06-2011 | 12:34 PM
Starting Member
LRV31 is on a distinguished road

The procedure to program the remote is as follows-

Hold down the door unlock switch on the driver's door.
Turn ignition key ON - OFF and again ON - OFF.
Release the driver's door switch.

The doors should lock & unlock which shows the system is in the programming mode.

Then hold down both the lock & unlock buttons on the remote until the doors lock & unlock.
Turn ignition key ON.

If all is working right the system should work fine. You do not have to go to a GM dealer. If you need a new remote Ebay is a good source.

Old 02-06-2011 | 01:05 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

if u have to replace the FOB u need to make sure its a compat with your receiver one, there's a thread on here that tells you the exact steps to reprogram your FOB's to the vehicle.

Old 02-06-2011 | 03:39 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by UberFail
there's a thread on here that tells you the exact steps to reprogram your FOB's to the vehicle.

Yes there is, I just posted it above.

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LRV31
Yeah, and I posted it 5+ years ago; including the very important first step! Why say anything? Just saying...

Old 02-06-2011 | 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by LRV31

First off.... SMACK yourself harder because READING OWNS YOU.... simple as that. had you READ the OP message in the first place, you'd have read that your method DOES NOT WORK in their case.... just cuz i know u did miss it - heres a quote with JUST that part from their msg.

Originally Posted by mfd70
But then I also see another proceedure which involves holding down the unlock switch in the vehicle and cycling ignition 2 times, this does nothing !
NOW i posted what i posted to the OP so they could get the OTHER method that involved grounding out a specific pin on the OBD II connector to cycle the lock system and allow for FOB additions thats easily done with the link Swartlkk posted in his last response. next time make sure you READ everything properly and don't post the method that the OP says doesn't work.

BTW that method doesn't work if your door's open OP in case that's how you attempted it hope this clarify's everything so you can get new FOB's working on your Blazer.

Old 02-07-2011 | 09:13 AM
Starting Member

First up Uberfail SLOW YOUR ROLL. The OP mentioned 2 methods to try to program the remote. I posted the procedure from start to finish. I thought that maybe he/she was holding the door switch down, turning the ignition on-off, on-off & thats it, because that is what they said. The next step after that is to the hold the buttons on the remote.

If this method doesn't work I'm pretty certain that the OBD connector method will also not work & that they will have to look into specific component problems.

Old 02-08-2011 | 10:50 AM
|
Beginning Member
mfd70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still confused here, the programming sequence does not work, GM dealer says it needs to be done with a scan2 tool ? I can get a new fob, but I'm not convinced that it's not the keyless entry system at fault ? The issue is that the keyless is also an immobilizer, so no unlock from the remote, no start. No overide since I have no code.
So I now have what was a perfectly working Blazer, now un-moveable scrap metal due to some fault with keyless (which I could live without !)
Now this may be a problem unique to UK specs since I don't think that the keyless and immoblizer are connected in the US models, but any suggestions would be appreciated !

Old 02-08-2011 | 11:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is definitely something unique to the EU trucks as the US/CA models do not have the immobilizer that is required in the EU. If the quick programming method didn't work, then you need the immobilizer code. Search for 'immobilizer' as I thought that there was another member who was a tech at a dealership somewhere in the EU that could get the codes based off of the VIN. If that doesn't work out, the dealer is your next stop.

Old 02-08-2011 | 02:43 PM

i bet the immobilizer is the culprit for the inability to program new fob's into the blazer atm. would sort of defeat the purpose of the immobilizer if you could just program a new fob into it right? looks like you deff need the code or a trip the stealership for this one :/

Quick Reply: Keyless entry