2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011 | 05:56 PM
Josephblazer is on a distinguished road

My Chverolet Blazer has this immobiliser problem and the only people that i know that are able to do EU spec cars are based in Manchester England. It is not possible to programe new remotes to the EU cars. VERY VERY VERY expensive fault. I feel for anyone that has a Blazer with this fault.

Old 07-29-2011 | 04:31 AM
Beginning Member
68dartboy is on a distinguished road

I have, or rather my partner has

Old 07-29-2011 | 06:53 AM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LRV31
The procedure to program the remote is as follows-

Hold down the door unlock switch on the driver's door.
Turn ignition key ON - OFF and again ON - OFF.
Release the driver's door switch.

The doors should lock & unlock which shows the system is in the programming mode.

Then hold down both the lock & unlock buttons on the remote until the doors lock & unlock.
Turn ignition key ON.

If all is working right the system should work fine. You do not have to go to a GM dealer. If you need a new remote Ebay is a good source.
There seems to be two threads going with this same problem, I have answered the other one, My UK cruiser will go through the above procedure with the original fob, but not with a fob I bought which has the same part number. has it ever worked? open the fob check the contacts to the battery, I had to re solder a loose connection to the circuit board. Don't be tempted to buy a USA fob, it probably won't work. The receiver for the signal from the fob is to the left of the glove box, drop down the glove box and you should see it, has a long black wire that goes round the passenger door opening, might be worth checking the contacts on the box, mine has another box attached to it, not sure if that is the imobiliser or the CPU.

Old 07-29-2011 | 10:39 AM
Beginning Member
carlspeed is on a distinguished road

Make sure the doors of the vehicle are closed when you are doing this. All of them. Even the hood. If the security light flashes, it is not going into the proper mode. If when you let go of the unlock button, the doors don't lock/unlock, it is NOT in the mode, and will NOT accept new pairings of remotes.

Old 07-30-2011 | 03:22 PM
Josephblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer keyfob

The key fob is programed as per other post,s: however the UK Blazers have a dual anti theft system that only Bauer Millet can overcome properly. It is costly procedure but they (Bauer Millet) are very good and your car will be perfect when it comes back. My Blazer workss fine since the repair was done. I hope this helps.

Old 07-31-2011 | 11:56 AM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Josephblazer
The key fob is programed as per other post,s: however the UK Blazers have a dual anti theft system that only Bauer Millet can overcome properly. It is costly procedure but they (Bauer Millet) are very good and your car will be perfect when it comes back. My Blazer workss fine since the repair was done. I hope this helps.
Sorry but do you mean they fix the system or remove it completely? Might be how I read it but not sure.