2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

light not bright

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default light not bright

i have a 97 blazer well i was told that the light are the worst about being bright. What can i do to make them brighter? is it jus the blub that make them so dim or waht?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:09 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: light not bright

What lights? Interior, or exterior. If you are talking about the low and high beams I suggest you buy some HID lights off ebay or somthing, its cheap and they are alot brighter then stock. I just picked up a set of low beam lights for $10 including shipping. I will let you all know how it works out.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

HIDs that are put into the stock lenses are not worth the trouble. Not to mention that you get what you pay for.

If you lights are dim, I'd try seeing what kind of voltage you are getting at the bulb. If you aren't getting atleast +12V, then something is wrong in the wiring. You could run a relay setup to feed a full +14.5V (system nominal voltage) to the lights. I like the light output in my Bravada, but I am considering making up a relay harness just to see what it would be like.

Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

So you are saying my HID's will be useless? What do I have to do to get full advantage from them?

Old 12-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm not saying they are useless, but you will never get the beam pattern for a HID bulb in a conventional reflector to take full advantage of the HID bulb.

What system do you have? Links?

Old 12-22-2006, 02:49 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

So you are saying my HID's will be useless? What do I have to do to get full advantage from them?
What you got for $10 from E-Bay are not true HID's if they were you would be paying 30times more for them and they would be illegal to mount in the Blazer. True HID's are only available on vehicles originally equipped with them. Like BMW, HONDA, LINCOLN CONTNENTAL's and maybe some other European based cars...they require an electrical system with more amperage than the stock Blazer alt can supply.

What you bought was somebody claiming the same output as a HID lowbeam system. Some of these don't even last very long because they're not designed for long life just high output. If you want some thing better and last longer check out E-Bay for HIR 9011/12 lights from Toshiba they are guaranteed to last at least as long as the stock lights without the need for extra wattage and they make up to 110% more light than standard halogen lights.

There is a write up on s10crewcab.com about these lights and links to sites that will tell you more about them...