2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Low Fuel Light?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006 | 04:51 PM
|
Beginning Member
DVS Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Low Fuel Light?

I searched but didn't find anything on this for the newer Blazers so.....
I have a '97 Blazer LT and I've never seen a "low fuel" light come on. Does one exist?

Old 02-09-2006 | 04:56 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Low Fuel Light?

I don't THINK there is one, but others might have better info than I do.

I don't have one on my '93 either.

Old 02-09-2006 | 05:00 PM
|
Beginning Member
DVS Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!! Just wondering before I assume it's a burnt bulb and tear apart the dash to find out there isn't one!

If anyone could confirm it's existance that'd be great!!

Old 02-09-2006 | 05:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has one and if below 1/4 tank, when I stop fast or park on an incline (nose down), it will come on. IIRC, it's above and slightly to the left of the fuel gauge, but I could be wrong. You could check your owners manual. It should say something about it.

*EDIT* - Yup, it's to the upper left of the fuel gauge on my dash. If you have one, it should light up amber when all of the rest of the lights on the dash light up with a key-on.

Old 02-12-2006 | 12:06 AM
blazerscooby is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have a 96 blazer and i must have not seen mine because 2 days ago i ran out of gas on the highway lol and had to walk to the gas station and buy an empty tank and 2.36 price of gas

Old 02-12-2006 | 12:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks! If you do have one, it should light up when you first turn the key on and the instrument cluster goes through it's sweeps. IIRC, you could also look in your owners manual for a shot of the cluster and what's on it, but I could be wrong.

Old 02-12-2006 | 12:12 AM
DaveLance is an unknown quantity at this point

96s don't have them. (or at least mine doesn't)

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:55 PM
fruccoman is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 99 and the lite is to the right above the fuel gauge. When you turn your key on, the dashboard will cycle through the signals...should lite up.

Old 02-19-2006 | 11:44 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

there isnt one on the 97.

Old 02-19-2006 | 11:55 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

there's one on the 2000....I don't think mine ever goes off.....lol

Quick Reply: Low Fuel Light?