2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

major motor oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Starting Member
totalljen is on a distinguished road
Default major motor oil leak

we have a major leak... about a quart of oil on the driveway.. hubby crawled under and cleaned it up looked around and sees where its coming from but does'nt know why.. anyone have pics of the underside of there 2000 or same model blazer for him to look at? thanks a bunch

Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show.

ummmm...................that question would be better suited in the tech section, not the New Member section.

if you already know where it's leaking from, why not just tell us? someone might have run into that same issue before.

but again, that's a question better suited in the proper section.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to '2nd Gen Tech'*

Old 09-16-2010, 02:23 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Knowing where the leak is would help a lot. Could be a cracked oil pan, bad gasket, damaged/loose drain plug, etc.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Starting Member

sorry guys still trying to figure out how to navigate the website.. i would be happy to post in a different section if someone would tell me how lol..

Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Your thread was already redirected to the correct location.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

soooooooooooo.....................................

where is the leak coming from?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
soooooooooooo.....................................

where is the leak coming from?
From the motor.. Duh!!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Starting Member

hahaha ok so i took a better look being that i am not really a mechanic though a mechanics daughter .. it is coming from the front of the motor.. my husband thinks its coming from the oil pan... in hi sopinion it looks like the oil pan is actually sitting on the front end EEK! which i hope is not correct.. however my daddy is going to come over this weekend and hopefully we will solve the problem without too much expense.. no cherry picker here.. wish me luck

Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

If your 2000 is like my 2002; I had one front pan bolt loose and the other one missing. Seems to be a common problem. If all the pan bolts have fallen out, you are going to need 5/16" x 18 - 1.25" bolts.

Good luck. Could you send your "daddy" my way to fix the vibration problem my Blazer is having?

Quick Reply: major motor oil leak