2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

may have lost a nut into the intake ports

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Try linking two wrenches together. Put the box end of the first wrench onto the hex on the pulley installation tool, then put the 2nd wrench onto the first, box end over one of the sides of the open end of the 1st wrench.

Like this:

This will give you more leverage. I had to do this on the power steering pump pulley on my 2000 Bravada when I installed a new pump.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Beginning Member
hondacharger is on a distinguished road

WOW!!!! genius I tell YA LOL what a great idea!!! I will give that a try tommorrow after work AWESOME thanks mucho !!!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Always be on the look out for ways to work smarter, not harder!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Beginning Member

The linked wrenches got me a little more forward movement but something is gotta be wrong???? The amount of force I am using is just overwhelming the end of the puller shaft is starting to slip... in the 1/2 inch drive socket I am using. I can no longer use the open end of the wrench because it is starting to round the corners of the puller that goes down the shaft to move forward. I have used some penetrate but things are just not progressing???? I decided to now pull the pulley back off to inspect the shaft for a burr or maybe use some light sand paper to clean up the oxidation on the pump shaft. I can now not pull the pulley back now either WTF??? I am thinking may be the tool I am using is just not cutting the mustard.... SO any advice , or has anybody else been stuck with the pulley not moving forward or even backward in this case? I did have some great difficulty the last two times I installed and uninstalled the pulley, but not like this? There was some oxidation because of heavy rain? WOW any help would be great>>>>>>

Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Beginning Member

alright so I found a heavy duty puller from snap on and it was to make the job a little easier well things started moving then snap!!! bam!!! pow!!! the lip of the pulley sheared and the shaft that screws inside the pulley from the puller tool broke, sheared as well???? SO now I have the shaft stuck inside the pulley and the lip of the pulley is half way ripped off as well SUCKS BAD..... SO my plans are to rent some giant bolt cutters and pinch the pulley off in stages, clean and sand the pump shaft then reinstall and used pulley in its place.... hmmm what do you think??? thats about all I can do right? I guess forcing the pulley onto the shaft with the rust really screwed things up BUMMER

Old 08-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Beginning Member

alright so things are back to normal! I just eneded up cutting the pulley off with a dremel amd a saws all, WOW what a job!!! SO I bought a new power steering pump just for the pulley but ended up installing the entire pump because of the problem wiht the shaft on the old one. Wow it was so much easier to deal with the pulley on the new pump Yeah...

SO now everything is installed, but the battery went low so I swapped it out under warranty, then the starter was making a funny clicking sound and would not turn over? The battery tested low so I assumed that was the problem? The starter tested below average so that should have also been the problem? The strater labored hard to turn over, so now I have a new starter and new battery......but

The truck wont turn over? seems like it is locked up somehow? Any thoughts? The low battery was making a clicking sound, then wiht the new battery it turned over once and half maybe like a KA-Chunk and then a whine sound? Now wiht new battery and new starter it just makes a really loud sound that same KA-Chunk but that is it it does not turn over? It seems like the gear wont turn? Like the starter is not strong enough to move the larger gear?

What could this be? I dont seem to be getting any error codes on the dash?

I know that the shaft on the pump rusted because we got over 23 inches of rain in three days while I had the hood off. I used a tarp blankets over the motor then just placed the hood back over everything rather than screw it all back in place and other such stuff cause I had plan to just keep working but the rain just kept coming>>> Gees what are the oddds?

SO having the distributor out, changed cap and rotor, should have nothing to do wiht this right?

What would actualy keep the motor from turning over? Should I try to take the belt off of the ac compressor? Could the belt be too tight actulay keeping the pulleys from moving? Did one of the pulleys get rusted and now will no longer move?

ANy thonughts guys would be great? Thanks for all your help?

If you want to see some grusome pictures of the pullet being cut off I will post up, LOL