2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Maybe a fuel injector problem????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:49 AM
Beginning Member
zman6988 is on a distinguished road

Actually no I have not is located under the upper intake too because I do not even see it any where ? But if I can find it I will deff. clean it

Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The EGR valve is on the front of the intake between the alternator and the A/C compressor. It is about the size of a soda can.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Beginning Member

OK cleaned the EGR still have the problem. Now here is a question after changing the spark plugs I did some research last night and the original factory plugs have a heat range of 2 and the plugs in it now have a heat range of 5, so could this be a problem or am I just beating around the bush??

Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What plugs (brand & part number) were in there and what did you install?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry the plugs that were in the engine were the factory plugs AC 41-932 according to GM the heat range on these plugs are 2, now when I put the tune up on it the plugs put in it were Bosch plugs with a heat range of 5 so could the difference in the heat ranges of plugs make my engine miss and stumble?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we have definitely had members have problems with Bosch plugs in their engine. I recommend staying with the AC/Delco factory plugs.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator

41993 (replaces 41-932) is the stock heat range for the engine. Any reference to a + or - heat range that you may have found is based off of a different stock engine requirement. Without any specifics on the Bosch (*shudder*) plugs, I cannot comment on them. But why would you be messing with heat ranges???

Old 05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry for the confusion with the plugs I didn't intentionally change the heat range it's what they gave me @autozone. However I do belive I found my problem I unplugged the MAF and drove it and the problem went away. So I guess when I save up enough money I will go and buy a new MAF sorry for so much run around guys but THANK YOU guys for all your help and input it is greatly appriciated.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Kyle, If you won't comment on Bosch plugs, other than a shudder... I will. I really only have one thing to say about them, they never misfire if you don't install them.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 05-12-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:17 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Another graduate of my school of sarcasm.

Quick Reply: Maybe a fuel injector problem????