2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Maybe a fuel injector problem????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Kyle, If you won't comment on Bosch plugs, other than a shudder... I will. I really only have one thing to say about them, they never misfire if you don't install them.
So very true. I have had one too many go-arounds with others on this site about Bosch plugs in the past. I would not use them if they were given to me. I have seen them fail way too quickly and in one case, one lost a ground strap (had 3 more LOL) taking a valve out with it. That part sucked for the vehicle's owner that did not want to listen to me. Plugs only had 7k miles on them. Bosch claimed operator error when confronted about the problem and subsequent damage.

And do not get me started on Bosch O2 sensors for GM vehicles.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

No sarcasm here, just my findings over the past 30+ years making a livin'. It's true, as long as you don't install them in an engine, they're GREAT!

Old 06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
zman6988 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

OK guys sorry it's been a while but have been busy. Here is an update on my problem I went back and replaced the spark plugs with OE plugs AC Delco, new TPS, new MAF, and changed the cat, guess what still have the same dang problem but now it is so bad when you crank the engine it idles perfectly but as soon as you press the gas it starts spuddering bad. Also new fuel filter, I had fuel pump checked it is good. So could it be the whole fuel injector assembly? I have run injection cleaner thru it for 2months now and it has gotten worse. Please please help me

Old 06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

What were the results of the fuel pressure test? What was the leakdown rate? It must pass BOTH of these tests.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Water in the fuel?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Beginning Member

I don't remember what the leak down rate was my friend did it for me @ a the chevy shop after hours, but I do remember the pressure was like 63p.s.i @ idle and 67 p.s.i. when reved up. I thought that there might have been water in the fuel so I dropped the tank when I got it down close to empty and drained it then let it sit in the sun to dry out completely this didn't help either but it was a good idea considering it acted like it had water in the fuel. My friend @ the chevy shop mentioned something about the injector distribution block, injectors, or the little black tips that go into the intake could be faulty. Could this be true??

Old 06-17-2009, 01:01 PM

Your friend at the chevy shop should know that GM does not publish any "engine running" fuel pressure specs, there are far too many variables involved. Key on, engine off, fuel pump running: pressure must be 60psi to 66psi and must remain above 55psi for 3 to 5 minutes after the pump shuts off.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Beginning Member

I have done a pressure test myself and with key on the pressure is 63p.s.i. after five min. the pressure fell to 59 p.s.i.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member

Any other options?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:24 PM

If you put it in drive, and brake torque it, increasing the RPM very slowly, can you duplicate the problem?

Quick Reply: Maybe a fuel injector problem????