2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

more blazer problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Beginning Member
ron36535 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default more blazer problems

I checked the fuel presure on my 1995 S10 Blazer, and now the scheader(spelling bad) valve is leaking fuel, can you put a cap on this or will I now have to replace it, oh the fun of this !!!!HELP !!!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: more blazer problems

How bad is it leaking? Also, if you take a screw driver and press in on the valve (with the truck running) to reseat it, will it stop leaking? It is weird that it would leak after testing the fuel pressure...

Old 12-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Beginning Member
ron36535 is an unknown quantity at this point

I pressed it with my finger, but it didnot stop., not alot is leaking but you can really smell it under the hood, not a safe thing. whats your thoughts. can it be capped, or worst change it out

Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The valve itself can be removed just the same as any tire valve (special tire valve removal tool required). The one thing that I don't know is if it is the same as most all tire valves. Being that it retains fuel, I wouldn't think that it would be the same. I would go to the dealer and inquire as to a price. I would think that they would be the ones that would have it and it shouldn't be all that $$$.

Good Luck.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Administrator

I definitely wouldn't drive it with it leaking like that!!!

When you pressed it with your finger, did you have the truck running? It is important to have full fuel pressure (and the ability to build back to full pressure) when you do this so that the pressure itself attempts to reseat the valve. Another thing you could try is just pulling the valve itself out and seeing if there is just some gunk keeping it from seating properly.

Old 12-28-2005, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you relieve the pressure first. Push the valve in with the engine off. Take off the gas cap first.
Could be the valve is just cocked sideways or something. Use a nail or something to push it back in and let it out straight up and down.

Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always put your pressure gauge back on until you had a chance to fix the valve correctly.