2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM
tazz7002 is on a distinguished road
Default motor mounts

do you have to un hook oil lines to get to drivers side motor mount,how do you get mount off

Old 10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

are you trying to remove the mount for replacement? or trying to get the engine out?

if you're replacing the mount then I do believe you MAY have to disconnect the oil cooler lines, but if you're just trying to pull the motor you can just remove the bolt and the mount will separate from the frame...

Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Default motor mount

trying to replace mount,one place said i needed to take front diff out and axles..that dont sound right,is ther a easy way besides this

Old 11-05-2011, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Its a PAIN with it being 4wd...if you want to half *** it like i did,chain the mount down. You just want to prevent the engine from raising up when driving the blazer. Ive done it to old dirt cars,my blazer etc. never any issues.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
bromanjr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tazz7002
do you have to un hook oil lines to get to drivers side motor mount,how do you get mount off
I changed my drivers side mount on my 2000 4WD like this:
I started by removing LF tire, then removed push fasteners for splash shield, then removed through bolt and nut on the mount, the bolt can be loosened by using a long extension from the front and holding the nut (2nd person) with a wrench.

After that, was able to get two of the 3 bolts in to the engine with a universal socket, the third IIRC needed a wrench and swearing.

During this jack the engine carefully with a board under the pan until some space is created. Once the 3 bolts into the engine are removed, I was able to wiggle the broken mount out in 2 pieces. Naturally it was extra tricky to find a way to get an intact (new) mount back in as one piece.

I was able to get in place and bolted down. It is possible.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 AM

finall got it done...paid shop 160 to do it,installed energy mounts,hope this lasts

Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Beginning Member
minigunner1980 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
Its a PAIN with it being 4wd...if you want to half *** it like i did,chain the mount down. You just want to prevent the engine from raising up when driving the blazer. Ive done it to old dirt cars,my blazer etc. never any issues.
Was just wondering were did you hook your cabin to to this I was kidding thinking the same thing and maybe also fabing a mid plate to stop things from moving around and pics would be great

Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

i put one end of the chain on the exhaust manifold stud closet to the front,then the other end of the chain on a front diff bolt around the housing.

Only annoying thing is the clunk when you press the gas at high speeds. there is no rubber adsorbing the clunk.

Dont do what i do,replace it lol. I only do it because it works,and im going to put a v8 in sometime this summer and il use poly mounts.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Banned
GolfClapperX is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bromanjr
I changed my drivers side mount on my 2000 4WD like this:
I started by removing LF tire, then removed push fasteners for splash shield, then removed through bolt and nut on the mount, the bolt can be loosened by using a long extension from the front and holding the nut (2nd person) with a wrench.

After that, was able to get two of the 3 bolts in to the engine with a universal socket, the third IIRC needed a wrench and swearing.

During this jack the engine carefully with a board under the pan until some space is created. Once the 3 bolts into the engine are removed, I was able to wiggle the broken mount out in 2 pieces. Naturally it was extra tricky to find a way to get an intact (new) mount back in as one piece.

I was able to get in place and bolted down. It is possible.
This is basically it, yep. I just did mine and it took two full days of yelling at it for it to cooperate for me. I unbolted and lowered the front differential, removed the cv axles and the front wheels. It sucked. Used Energy ones, they are much better.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
i put one end of the chain on the exhaust manifold stud closet to the front,then the other end of the chain on a front diff bolt around the housing.

Only annoying thing is the clunk when you press the gas at high speeds. there is no rubber adsorbing the clunk.

Dont do what i do,replace it lol. I only do it because it works,and im going to put a v8 in sometime this summer and il use poly mounts.

YEA YEA i heard about this v8 a while ago haha just pulling ya legs Chris

Quick Reply: motor mounts