2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Multipule issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Starting Member
xxchevellexx242 is on a distinguished road
Default Multipule issues

Hello all im a little new at the whole forum format but i have a handful of issues and considering my financial situation im looking for some cheap fixes or at least as cheap as can be... if you have any help you can provide i would be greatly appreciative!

The child throwing a tantrum in question is a 2001 LS 4 door 4x4

problem number 1

im aware that the first three fan settings for the heating and A/C run on a separate part than the fourth setting which runs on a separate relay entirely but the problem is that none of these work at all... i haven't really had it apart yet but none of the fuses are blown and no wiring is melted or anything, this happened directly after the wire from the coil to the starter started shorting out on the block. related? idk.

problem number 2

similarly related to problem number one and im fairly sure that i may have this one down but here's the thing, there is NO heat none what so ever and having to run the defrosters on A/C in the buffalo ny cold is quickly running away with my patients. i dont think that its the heater core but i could be wrong.

problem number 3

first is the ABS light has been on and off since i got the truck and further more the parking brake light comes on and off too, less frequently but it still does. last inspection i needed new tires as well so i put the new tires on my 14" cragars i had bought and put them on. so here comes the problem, i suspect a lot of things and have been told a good number of possibilities as well but now the ABS light HAS to be on or else the ABS kicks in and doesn't actually engage the brakes at all, this may be from the speed sensors being confused with the new tire size or they may just be screwed up over all either way i NEED ABS for the trip i make to work every morning.

problem number 4

this is kind of my final issue but im sure ill be back with more. a bit ago (i mended it with JBweld for now) i popped two pinprick holes in the metal water hose that sits on top of the thermostat. i now however even with the fix if i run say the A/C for too long or the fans (well not anymore) on too high it begins to over heat but i also found another leak spring but there just isnt that much coming out! if i replace this hosing could it solve this problem?