2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

My dash vents are not working, heat only blows on the floor, why?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member
Kemp is on a distinguished road

i would have blamed it on the wife.....

Old 01-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

That's my method of operation. Works pretty good most of the time (except when she finds out).

Old 01-21-2010, 10:15 AM
jstein is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigkhans
Check that vac cannister on the fender well for holes, if you find one put some silicone on it.
I have seen a lot of these posts flying around and I suffer from the same issue. My blower is stuck on vent yet my 4x4 works. Does anyone know what years they used the vacuum canister under the hood? My 02 appears to never have had one yet there is a bent tab under the hood where one would be placed. I am assuming they never changed the hood design? On the newer models is the canister located somewhere else or did they redesign the system w/o it?

Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

98+ have the vacuum reservoir inside the driver side (Left side) fender.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
jstein is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
98+ have the vacuum reservoir inside the driver side (Left side) fender.
That would make sense as the line does feed into the fender. How would one go about accessing this? Do you have an image of an inner fender reservoir tank?

Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A hand vacuum pump with a gauge will let you know if it is still functioning properly. Just put the pump onto the connection and pull a vacuum. If it is sealed, it should maintain the vacuum

Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Starting Member
Bradandash11109 is on a distinguished road

where is the vacum lines located so i can see whats up with mine?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Vacuum lines for??? What are you working on? Is your problem related to this thread? If not, you probably will want to create your own thread on the subject.

For the HVAC vacuum lines, the supply comes from the engine, passes through the firewall, and into the HVAC control head.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Starting Member
Bradandash11109 is on a distinguished road

yeah i have a 95 2 door blazer and my heat only works on defroster nothing else hot or cold air doesn't matter so i was trying to figure out where i should look

Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 AM
same130 is on a distinguished road

does anybody know where the vac line goes through the firewall for hvac control? i only find 1 hose off the vac res for the 4wd. 2nd, the dash pnl w/ the control, is that a snap in or are there screws somewhere. i don't wish to break it finding out. i just bought this 98 s10 blazer and not familar w/ GM. great forum by the way. being away from the car business for the last decade its a crap shoot working on these newer vehicles w/ all the electronics and this forum and others depending which car i'm working on have been a big help. Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: My dash vents are not working, heat only blows on the floor, why?