2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

need a gasket for my snorkel whats the #

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 06:32 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road
Default need a gasket for my snorkel whats the #

If somebody can help I would greatly appreciate. I need a new snorkel to throttle body gasket and I just cant seem to find it.
I just removed a cold air intake (i didn't install and has caused a lot of intake problems as it just vibrated apart every few months) from my Blazer and put back OEM intake and things are now working better but I noticed that the gasket that is in the cover or snorkel to the throttle body is dried out and cracked and just needs to be replaced. If somebody could me a number or exact name for this gasket I would greatly appreciate. I have tried many keywords but I just keep getting intake manifold gaskets in searches.

Old 08-28-2021, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

To the best of my knowledge, the gasket is not available separately. You have to buy the whole elbow for around $100. Believe me, I looked.

You might be able to use silicone or something, but that's not a place where you want a leak.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

What about a top end gasket set? I got one that it was included...

Again not separate, but could use the other gaskets, and about the same price I want to say...

Old 08-29-2021, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by DonL
What about a top end gasket set? I got one that it was included...
That's pretty cool. I wouldn't have thought of it. What brand gasket set? Did it have an individual part listing on the box?

Old 08-29-2021, 12:34 PM
BF Veteran

I couldn't find the one I got, but this one is close. It does have extra gaskets that I didn't get...

Amazon: scitoo

Old 08-29-2021, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran

Cool. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough. It would still be nice to find that one by itself, though.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:57 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road

Man a whole set to get 1 gasket? My ADHD doesn't allow me to buy things I wont use . I did the LIM a few years ago wish it had been in there. Gotta be an alternative. The gasket is so dry I'm afraid to even pull it out. I'll figure something out but thanks for the info.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:57 PM
BF Veteran

I would remove what's there, clean it good, and slap a bead of silicone in the track... make sure it comes up a little and your good to go... maybe check the temp rating to make sure it'll survive the heat of the engine.

Edit: or just find one at a scrap yard....

Old 09-02-2021, 10:00 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Have you tried calling or E mailing Fel-Pro Gasket company and ask them if you can buy the exact gasket you need. If can't buy the single gasket, which packet of gaskets contains that particular TB gasket is the cheapest. I would think they could help you in the right direction. Fel- Pro is the manufacturer of the highly recommended intake manifold gasket set on this forum.

Please post what you find. Thanks, Jim

Old 10-02-2021, 04:03 PM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Thnos or other posters, did you ever locate a source for a single gasket for the TB intake snorkel ? I am needing one also. My 2003 is missing this gasket altogether. Monday, I am going to start a search at my friendly Chevy dealership---knowing they are Out of Stock. Maybe I will get a GM part no. But to go to the salvage yard, there they are missing or in pieces. It is the classic catch 22.
The good old boy country solution to this problem was to cut one out of a cardboard box. Use scissors, not a pocket knife.

Quick Reply: need a gasket for my snorkel whats the #