2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need Help asap AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:38 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help asap AGAIN

OKAY!!! so back to square one,have a 97 s10 blazer new fuel pump in, new filter, blazer started up, went from 20 PSI to about 66 PSI, started, went down to 40, got lower after that, it isnt showing a code, we are thinking a restriction in the fuel line, what do you guys think, i need help asap, im going to my friends to work on the truck again, so yeah =) thanks

Old 07-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you run through the fuel pressure diagnosis found in the Tech Article (DIY) section before coming to the conclusion that the pump was at fault?

Does the fuel pressure hold?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

If the fuel pump is new, did you buy a quality AC Delco pump or a cheap airtex pump? It also could be the FPR at fault, but you need to do the fuel pressure diagnosis as Swartlkk said. It could have been the FPR this whole time and if you replaced the fuel pump without knowing, if that was the case, you are just throwing money into it without knowing the problem and hoping for a fix

Old 07-03-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nvidia78
If the fuel pump is new, did you buy a quality AC Delco pump or a cheap airtex pump? It also could be the FPR at fault, but you need to do the fuel pressure diagnosis as Swartlkk said. It could have been the FPR this whole time and if you replaced the fuel pump without knowing, if that was the case, you are just throwing money into it without knowing the problem and hoping for a fix
well, i did run thru the diagnosis like Swartikk said i figured it was a fuel pump because it didnt come on, then it would then it wouldnt, Swartikk, the fuel pressure holds at 15, were going to change the Fuel Pressure Regulator, because it went from 20psi, started ran a 60-63 for a bit, then died, after that it was a decline in pressure, so if u guys have any other ideas, thow them out there........because i can toss a FPR at it, and have it in, in no time, after i find the dame thing lol, ive got the TB off, and i cant see it, once again, its a 97 LT vin W

Old 07-03-2010, 11:21 PM

bumpity bump i need info yo!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What did the diagnostic trouble shooting chart lead you to? If you are losing pressure, you have a leak. It could be a bad line, FPR, or check valve on the pump.

And please have patience. Wait 24 hours for someone to respond. Use that time to search. You are not the first one to have this problem and I know that the information is out there.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Starting Member

The FPR and spider assembly is located between the upper and lower intake, you will have to remove the black upper intake to gain access to it, once you have that removed you can hook the lines and electrical back up and key on to prime the system and look for leaks. Also keep and eye out to see which side seems to be clean, washed as that will tell you that there is a leak. Also while you are down that far, it may not be a bad idea to replace the lower intake gasket as well
You seem to have missed one of the questions I asked... Did you replace the pump with a quality AC Delco or Delphi pump, or a cheap Airtex pump?

Old 07-04-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nvidia78
The FPR and spider assembly is located between the upper and lower intake, you will have to remove the black upper intake to gain access to it, once you have that removed you can hook the lines and electrical back up and key on to prime the system and look for leaks. Also keep and eye out to see which side seems to be clean, washed as that will tell you that there is a leak. Also while you are down that far, it may not be a bad idea to replace the lower intake gasket as well
You seem to have missed one of the questions I asked... Did you replace the pump with a quality AC Delco or Delphi pump, or a cheap Airtex pump?
sorry for bewing so impatioent, but my friend wants it out of there garage soon, and i have a baby to take to appointments and such, BUT swarrtik, it lead me to a leak, that we checked, and couldnt find any, we did that chart without even looking at it one day..........(im working with unofficial mechanics), and there are no leaks, we have the upper intake off, i need to go back and check on it, we are going to replace the FPR as far as i know, and to answer ur other question swarrtikk, it holds at 15psi, 20 psi, and 25 psi,(we bleed it, it goes up and down) as far as the pump i am not sure, because its something my dad ordered couple years ago, that he had sitting around (never used, wrapped up and still in box thanks for all of the help guys, i appereciatre it, and my spelling is bad =)

ok i REDID the fuel daignosis char, came up with FPR this time,)first and second time said leak and Fuel pump, i mustve got mixed up last 2 times

Last edited by swartlkk; 07-04-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: *Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit feature to add more information to your post if another member has yet to reply.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 PM

okay, replaced the FPR, STILL sits at 15, my dad bought a cheap offbrand pump (not AC Delco/delphi) so it might be the fuel pump, im going to switch the delphi fuel pump back in and hopes it goes up...........$120 bucks at the auto store

Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Starting Member

Well good luck, keep us informed.

Quick Reply: Need Help asap AGAIN