2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need help with issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024 | 10:37 AM
|
Starting Member
Jjdaboss is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with issues

03 Chevy blazer extreme, I'm going to try and make this as short as possible. Pulled 4.3 vortec motor and trans to completely rebuild motor. Rebuilt motor completely with all new parts, on first start put key in ignition and turned over motor, it tried to start but was backfiring pretty bad, killed battery trying to get it to start, removed battery and recharged, fixed timing issue number one and three wires were in wrong spot on distributor. Reinstalled battery and put key in ignition got some crazy stuff with gauges fluttering. Tried to start and Nothing happened no click of relay no nothing. So I tried to remove the key and it was stuck in the ignition. Would not turn far enough back to release key. Found the manual release under the ignition. Replaced the ignition switch with new key and switch. Replaced park neutral switch. But still nothing. I can remove the start relay and jump it and the starter will turn over. So I thought maybe a grounding issue so I installed two additional grounding wires to the front of the block. One to the frame and one directly to the neutral post on the battery, But still nothing. Key still gets stuck and no crank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-26-2024 | 05:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Old 08-27-2024 | 09:45 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Is it a manual or automatic transmission? My first guess after reading your writeup was that it might be a safety switch. If it's a manual, have you tested the clutch safety switch? If automatic, then I'd suggest testing the neutral safety switch.

Old 08-27-2024 | 08:42 PM
|
Starting Member
Jjdaboss is on a distinguished road

Yes it's a automatic transmission. I replaced the park neutral switch, and it still didn't work, so I took the cable loose from the transmission and still couldn't get it to work. I believe I have the crazy electrical issue fixed I found the relay in the fuse box under the hood in the wrong slot. It was one slot off. I replaced the relay and all the dash lights come on like they should. Had a bad battery, but didn't have time to go get one tonight. I will get one on my way home from work tomorrow.