2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need help with ny power windows. 04 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:31 PM
HOOPTY93 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with ny power windows. 04 blazer

Hello I'm new to the forum. I need some real help guys and gals. I'm at a huge loss right now. Here's the problem.
MY POWER WINDOWS AND MIRRORS DON'T WORK. I HAVE NO POWER TO THE SWITCH FOR MY WINDOWS OR MIRRORS BUT THE LOCK UNLOCK BUTTON WORKS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. its getting hot out and sick of sweating in my hot truck.
I can't find a fuse or relay for it.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:22 PM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

Did you check the fuse panel under the hood as well as the fuses in the side of the dash? I think they are on the same fuse. However if the fuse is blown, then you will need to determine why the fuse blew.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:29 PM

I looked and there is nothing labeled for power windows in either fuse box.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:55 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HOOPTY93
I looked and there is nothing labeled for power windows in either fuse box.
It's a 30A circuit breaker which I doubt is bad. Should feed 12V to the dk green wire leading to the drivers switch when key is turned on. If no power there, find out why and fix. Mirrors are powered at all times (not just when key is on) by a different fused circuit, so with the info you gave I don't see how they could be related for no power (unless problem is before ignition switch). Are you sure you just don't have a bad drivers switch assembly?

Attached Thumbnails Need help with ny power windows. 04 blazer-89343376_zpskoxys4k8.gif  

Last edited by LesMyer; 06-09-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:13 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

HOOPTY93: When you stated that there was no power at the driver's switch panel, did you actually remove the connectors and probe for power or was it that neither the windows or mirrors would move?

If the latter problem is usually the switch panel, although unless something was recently spilled into the switch panel, odd for both mirror and windows to become inoperative at the same time....not impossible just odd because power is via separte paths.

So which is it?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by LannyL81
HOOPTY93: When you stated that there was no power at the driver's switch panel, did you actually remove the connectors and probe for power or was it that neither the windows or mirrors would move?

If the latter problem is usually the switch panel, although unless something was recently spilled into the switch panel, odd for both mirror and windows to become inoperative at the same time....not impossible just odd because power is via separte paths.

So which is it?
Yes I pulled the switch out and tested for power on the driver's door switch. Tried a new switch and still didn't work. I don't care about the mirrors just the Windows really. The connector that plugs into the switch for the windows has no power . I bought the truck 2 months ago and the Windows didn't work then. They said it had been sitting for a while.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:13 AM

Oh and btw it's a 2 door base model

Old 06-10-2015, 01:09 PM

Oh and btw it's a 2 door base model
I'll go ahead and ask the obvious, is there power at the 30A circuit breaker for the windows? If you don't know the exact location of the circuit breaker, <error>it is in the underhood relay/fuse center<error> - location ID=5. 2dr/4dr doesn't matter for what we are talking about.

Again, it's a 30A circuit breaker which I doubt is bad. Should feed 12V to the dk green wire leading to the drivers switch when key is turned on. If power goes through the breaker but not to the switch - then find out why and fix. If power to only one side of the breaker, replace the breaker. If no power to the breaker at all - then back up even further (we will help if that is the case). Make sure you have the ignition key in the run position when you are checking for voltage at any of these points. This is not a difficult one to diagnose.

p.s. wires tend to get broken where they bend when opening doors.

Last edited by LesMyer; 06-11-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: error in red - see post #10 - in under dash relay block
Old 06-11-2015, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lesmyer
I'll go ahead and ask the obvious, is there power at the 30A circuit breaker for the windows? If you don't know the exact location of the circuit breaker, it is in the underhood relay/fuse center - location ID=5. 2dr/4dr doesn't matter for what we are talking about.

Again, it's a 30A circuit breaker which I doubt is bad. Should feed 12V to the dk green wire leading to the drivers switch when key is turned on. If power goes through the breaker but not to the switch - then find out why and fix. If power to only one side of the breaker, replace the breaker. If no power to the breaker at all - then back up even further (we will help if that is the case). Make sure you have the ignition key in the run position when you are checking for voltage at any of these points. This is not a difficult one to diagnose.

p.s. wires tend to get broken where they bend when opening doors.
I can't find the circuit breaker. Found a big 30amp fuse but thats it. My wires in the door lookfine. I'm so fed up with this thing. If I can't figure it out by Friday I'm going to take it to the dealer as much as it pains me to do so. Sick of these wiring issues.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:52 AM

I can't find the circuit breaker. Found a big 30amp fuse but thats it. My wires in the door lookfine. I'm so fed up with this thing. If I can't figure it out by Friday I'm going to take it to the dealer as much as it pains me to do so. Sick of these wiring issues.
Sorry, I gave bad info the first time. It is not in the underhood relay center. It is in the relay block under the dash. Locations are below.

Attached Thumbnails Need help with ny power windows. 04 blazer-relay%2520block_zpsn07s3exg.gif   Need help with ny power windows. 04 blazer-relay%2520block2_zpshnuj972g.gif  

Last edited by LesMyer; 06-11-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help with ny power windows. 04 blazer