2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

NEED New Hub bolts But where??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012 | 04:56 PM
|
Starting Member
Melissa Cory Green-Veryser is on a distinguished road
Cool NEED New Hub bolts But where??

I have a 98 Blazer and I need 3 new bolts for the wheel hub I need to replace. One of them actually backed out and broke while we were driving. I do not want to pay 10 bucks a pc from the dealer!! Any ideas?? I just want to drive again

Old 06-07-2012 | 05:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

These are not your typical hardware store bolts. They have smaller heads, different shank geometry, and are a different/stronger material than standard bolting. If your dealer has them in stock, get them. Maybe haggle over the price with them stating that you can get them for $4 each from GM Parts Direct.com (just guessing on the price based off what I paid for new hub bolts for my Tahoe last year from the dealer in town). Most parts counter guys can work with you on pricing. Search around online for other prices as well. GMPartsShop.com, GMPartsDirect.com, etc should all be checked.

*EDIT* - The MSRP for the hub bolt on your truck is only $3.49...

Attached Thumbnails NEED New Hub bolts But where??-gmpartsshop.com_hub_bolt.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012 | 05:49 PM
|
Starting Member

1998 Chevrolet Blazer FRONT SUSPENSION Brake components Hub & bearing GmPartsShop.com

I found these...

ok I think I found the same ones you did!! Thank You so so much!!!

But with shipping I am better off going to the dealership. I guess saving a buck is not worth safety

Old 06-07-2012 | 06:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Use that price from online to haggle. You don't have to tell them what it'll cost to ship them.

Old 06-07-2012 | 09:13 PM
|
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Use that price from online to haggle. You don't have to tell them what it'll cost to ship them.

Good call!! I will take a copy with me when I go!! Thanks again You rock