2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need someone with a 2 door w/tire carrier

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough
Default Need someone with a 2 door w/tire carrier

This friday I am going out to a salvage yard about an hour away and I need to bring my own tools.

I am removing a rear tire carrier from a salvaged 2door blazer, and putting it on my 4door blazer.

The thing is, since the yard is an hour away and I need to bring my own tools I wanna make sure I have the right size torx heads.

Could somebody size up what size torx heads are on their tire carrier on their stock 2door blazer? I will also need the size for the striker plate (the bracket that is mounted to the hatch).

I have recieved two different measurements =/, just trying to sort out which is correct.

1st measurment
T50 torx for the part above tail light
T30 torx for the striker plate

or

T55 torx for the part above and below taillight
T15 torx for the striker plate

I think this is the right section, mod dont hesistated to move it if it is in the wrong sect. Thanks

Old 02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Bolt sizes

From the very extensive thread: So you want a tire carrier for your 4 door

EDIT: Looks like you already posted in that thread. I know mdehoogh's are correct because I was the one that gave him the info from my 2dr. I will double check just to be sure. When are you getting it?

EDIT, Part II: Just double-checked and it is most certainly a T50 for the larger bolts. Unsure of the smaller ones because I lost my little multi-torx tool but suffice it to say what I did earlier. mdehoogh's are correct

Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Thanks alot. I can now rest assured. I am going to strip it friday, and then hopefully putting it on friday aswell. Pics will be up for sure on that thread and my build thread haha.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.