2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

new member please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM
milkdud110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new member please help

have a 99 blazer 4door 4+4 the outside temp is not rigth how do i fix this and or were is the sensor at

and heat dont work all the time had the heater core flushied 2 times work for a while but stops again about after 1 month

any help would be nice

please if you can help me on the ouside temp sensor thing i hope you all know what i am talking about

o ya what is the thing above the drivers door like a little screen i can hear it come on when i start the car

Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: new member please help

The Ambient temp sensor is located behind the grill in front of the radiator. It should be mounted directly to the hood latch support. What is the temperature reading?

On the heater issue, is the cooling system full? If not, then you will get deminished heat output from the heater core...

I believe the screen over the driver's door is the inside air temp sensor for the auto HVAC system. If you do not have auto climate control, then I don't know... I know my Bravada had the auto climate control and had that little screen.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe the screen over the driver's door is the inside air temp sensor for the auto HVAC system. If you do not have auto climate control, then I don't know... I know my Bravada had the auto climate control and had that little screen.
Yep, it's actually called an aspirator, if it's making noise it's dirty, you can take it out and clean it..(I just use compressed air) should be good to go.
If your truck has the driver's information center (DIC)in the roof console with the temp display, AND auto HVAC, then you have 2 sensors behind the grille, the black one is for the HVAC, and the grey one is for the DIC.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:49 AM

ok so i want the black one right? and were can i get a new one? thanks for all your help the dealer we got if from didnt even know

Old 07-23-2007, 11:53 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you want the grey one if your display in the DIC is off.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM

ok i found 2 of them they r both black and on is under the hood latch and looks like a nipple kinda its that is right behind the grill if any one can tell me were i can see the part or a pic of it i will know for sure

Old 07-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If your outside temp is reading wrong, then you want the one on the hood latch support (center of the truck). The one over on the radiator baffle to the passenger side is for the HVAC system.

But as I asked earlier, is the outside temp scewed or is it just reading like 100*F constant?...

I just tried to find the appropriate test write-up for this sensor, but came up empty... Sorry.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 AM

its not off just the wrong reading if its like 90 outside it has 64 or something
were can i see a pic of this part or get one

Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Gotcha.

I editted my message before I noticed that you responded..

You need the one in the center, mounted to the hood latch support. The one to the passenger side on the radiator baffle is for the HVAC system.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM

ok but what is it called so i can get a new one and were can i get one at i tryied to ask the dealer they dont know

Quick Reply: new member please help