2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

New Owner Problems HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:20 PM
newguy07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Owner Problems HELP PLEASE

I purchased a 1995 chevy 4 door 4x4 blazer yesterday for my fiance and it runs ok but i am havin an issue that i hope you can help with.

The rear hatch will not open

It has keyless entry but i dont know if it does not work or if the batteries are just dead ( i will buy some today and try it ) the problem i am having is the guy i bought it from only had one key and it was the ignition key which works on the doors but not the hatch? does the hatch lock take a different key? I try to push the button on the dash to unlock the hatch but it does not do anything, i figure there is a fuse somewhere that runs this do any of you know which fuse that would be.

I know i looked at the fuses because the horn is not working and when i put the fuse in the horn slot it blew instantly so im assuming i have a short to track down for the horn but i didnt know if the rear hatch uses that fuse or what

please let me know if you have any information that will help me out as im at a loss on this one

Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Default RE: New Owner Problems HELP PLEASE

ok so i checked it out a little today and i went through other posts thinking i can find the problem and i read that the courtesy fuse was the one i needed to check so i checked it and it was fine so i tried to stick one in the horn slot and the dome light came on for a second and the fuse just blew and it was a 20 amp fuse

does anyone else have this problem and if so where do i need to start to look for the short to get my horn and dome light and back doors to open?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the world of electrical gremlins!

You're going to need a wiring diagram for that circuit. Remove all components that you can and then check for a short to ground at the fuse. If after disconnecting all of the components (that you can) from the circuit, you find that there isn't a short to ground, then you know that one of the components that you disconnected is the problem. If you still have a short to ground, then it is in the wiring and must be traced down.

Now you may have to open the tailgate by other means to make sure that it isn't one of the components located back there that is causing the problem. We had a pretty extensive thread on the subject of opening the rear gate a while back.

There's nothing fun about tracing down wiring faults... Good luck.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:34 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't speak for your 95, but on my 99 the Rear Hatch is linked with the power mirrors, not the horn.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM

yeah i just checked and my power mirrors are not working either so i will try to check that out today. do you know if that is the same fuse?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Power mirrors and the Rear Hatch should be on the same fuse. Should be locatedto the left of the Ignition in the fuse box under the hood.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 AM

i cant seem to find any fused under the hood, i know there are some relays in the glove compartment but i havnt actually looked at them yet, the blazer is a 95 im not sure if there are fuses under the hood or not but i cant seem to find any.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM

Unfortunately, the pictures are not very large, but the fuse box is the black box next to my Intake tube heading towards the bottom right of the picture.

(Driver's side, front of engine compartment)

https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...=6&apage=1

Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 AM

when you click on that link it comes up with a whole bunch of numbers and codes there is no picture?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM

Try it now

Quick Reply: New Owner Problems HELP PLEASE