2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

New Yellow Top battery!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008 | 08:28 AM
|
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Yellow Top battery!!

I have a 2000 chevy blazer 4x4 with a group 75 size battery that is in there right now, and I was wondering if a group 34/78 size optima yellow top will fit in my blazer?? i was told that it will fit, but the 25/75 size will fit better. But, I need more juice like the 34/78 size battery has. Let me know, thanks.

Old 03-11-2008 | 09:23 AM
Matty Kling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New Yellow Top battery!!

I'm not really sure about the size... But I'm curious to know why you need more juice? Just for my own information...

Old 03-11-2008 | 11:05 AM
Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

i could only fit the red top in my 97

Old 03-11-2008 | 11:09 AM
Starting Member
if6was9 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you need "more power" the battery is not the thing to upgrade. The upgrade for more juice is the alternator.

Old 03-11-2008 | 11:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The guy wants to know if it will fit.

A Group 75 battery is 9-1/16" wide. The Group 78 battery is 10-1/4" wide. If I still had my Bravada, I would measure the tray for you, but... Just measure the width of the tray. If you have more than 10-1/4", it'll fit without issue.

Now... Most people go with a yellow top for the wrong reasons... Hence the questions above...

Old 03-11-2008 | 12:49 PM
|
Starting Member

Yes, I am getting a new alternator on friday, because mine in my blazer is dead. Only reading .8 volts on the multimeter. And I will be getting a brand new alternator. I think its either 100 or 105 Amps rating. But I asked my mechanic if he can give me like a 130 or 140 Amp alternator. He gets his parts from NAPA i believe, and I have no idea how he is going to get a bigger alternator. NAPA only has OEM stuff. Where is a good auto parts store to get a bigger alternator??I am running lots of stereo system stuff and all that. But, since I am getting a new alternator, might as well get a new battery, a yellow top. That seems to be the choice for car sound system users. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2008 | 01:24 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

You can get your alternator from Summitracing.com just look up powermaster.

Old 03-12-2008 | 03:17 AM
Starting Member
if6was9 is an unknown quantity at this point

The PO (previous owner) of my Blazer put in the red top Optima.

Old 03-12-2008 | 07:01 AM
|
Starting Member

what group size red top did that owner put in?? is it a group 75 size?? might look as if I might have to order a group 75 size yellow top for monday. My shop does not keep the group 75 size in stock as they are not used on to many SUV, most use the 34/78 size. Does anyone have a group 34/78 size yellow top in their 2000 blazer?? thanks.

Old 03-12-2008 | 07:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of waiting around for someone that has done what you are inquiring about, why don't you do as I suggested earlier and just measure the battery tray. If it is wide enough, it will fit!

Quick Reply: New Yellow Top battery!!