2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No crank, loose coil 2002 blazer help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2024 | 02:33 PM
|
Beginning Member
timbo88 is on a distinguished road
Cool No crank, loose coil 2002 blazer help

I have an 02 blazer I found this today will this cause a no crank? I have narrowed my issues down to a couple things ignition switch this loose coil and some broke wires

Old 09-13-2024 | 02:34 PM
|
Beginning Member

Help! This sucks idk if it is cause of no crank no start

Old 09-13-2024 | 02:41 PM
|
Beginning Member

This whole thing is loose and separated from the plastic.

Look in

I wiggles at the crack

Old 09-14-2024 | 05:56 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

A messed up coil will not cause a no crank. I can help you get your truck running.
  1. Do you have a digital multimeter and know how to use it?
  2. Check the crank fuse in the UHFB first.
George

Old 09-14-2024 | 07:46 PM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
A messed up coil will not cause a no crank. I can help you get your truck running.
  1. Do you have a digital multimeter and know how to use it?
  2. Check the crank fuse in the UHFB first.
George
1.done
2. Done I have full 12v at crank fuse
3. I can start and drive the truck just fine by jumping the starter relay But it will sputter and not start, when it does that I go and turn the key on and off and wiggle it the ignition switch as I removed the covers already for diagnostics quite often it does this. So idk if it’s a ground or because of the funky ignition switch I’ve done some work on it the neutral safety, fixed the pigtails off of that, I haven’t been able to adjust the neutral safety switch because of no crank and I need a shift cable, it doesn’t go into park or 1st gear as the shift cable is missing the return spring and the boot it looks like someone messed it up before me so after I get it sorted out 2-3week before I get ALL the parts because of money issues, there’s multiple reasons it may not start . So as it sit now I need 1. Shift cable column shift 2. Ignition switch- as some accessories are screwy and one headlight won’t come on only intermittently AND won’t crank at the column 3.assemble that stuff and see if I can get it back to normal starting conditions what do you think? Also can I request to private message you? Your help/opinion can be greatly appreciated, as I used to go to my grandpa who worked at GM desert proving grounds for his whole life, he passed recently so I don’t have my vehicle mentor anymore

i have been following you specifically helping others I have gone thru all the troubleshooting and have determined I need a ignition switch. I will order one when we get paid. Now that being said I still am going to need help once I get that installed. I have to adjust the new neutral safety switch I just installed last weekend.

Last edited by timbo88; 09-14-2024 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2024 | 07:51 PM
BF Veteran

You can pull the pigtail connectors and temporarily jump across the NSS until you can get that issue straightened out.

George

Old 09-14-2024 | 08:15 PM
|
Beginning Member

Ok, I was thinking this as well which wires need to be connected to bypass the NSS? I put pig tails off another 4L60E so it should be same colors. If that will bypass the nss that helps in narrowing the issue for sure instead of the old parts toss lol. The other issue is when I got the truck under the dash was about two miles. Of extra wiring, the previous dealership had a gps there was an aftermarket alarm there was a lot of extra wire for the amplifier and sub and stereo I took it ALL out went back stock it was WAY better didn’t have a problem after removing all that. now I am 90% sure it is the ignition switch how can I test that?it is just old and wore out and ready to be replaced

Last edited by timbo88; 09-14-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-14-2024 | 08:18 PM
BF Veteran

Purple comes down from the crank fuse and purple/white heads back up to the relay. Connect them together at the NSS and insulate the exposed wires/connectors.

George

Old 09-14-2024 | 08:42 PM
|
Beginning Member

Ok will do I am gonna work on it here in about two hours when it cools here it’s still 100 degrees outside as I am in Arizona so ya so purple and purple with white excellent then that should allow me to figure out if my ign switch is it for sure thank my friend I’ll keep you updated pls keep checking in I appreciate it!

Old 09-14-2024 | 08:44 PM
BF Veteran

Keep me posted and we will get you fixed up.

George

Quick Reply: No crank, loose coil 2002 blazer help