2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No Heat but blower works

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:03 AM
|
Beginning Member
Rhodes19 is on a distinguished road
Default No Heat but blower works

Hi All,

My daughter's 99' Blazer is not producing heat for the heater or defroster. The blower fan works and the mode selector switch seems to work as well. What should I check for and how would I fix it. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check to see if both of the heater core lines under the hood are the same temperature once the engine is up to operating temp. If they are not, then you have a restricted core.

Old 11-03-2009 | 09:45 AM
|
Beginning Member

Hi swartlkk,

Thanks for your help. I will check it tonight when I get home.

Old 11-06-2009 | 11:30 AM
lgual is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No heat

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my 99 blazer. Both heater lines remain cool with the engine warm. Blower works too. Seems as though I have a restricted heater core. How do I resolve this? I hope I don't have to get to the heater core as that seems like a project, removing the dash and all.

Thanks,

Larry

Old 11-06-2009 | 11:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing is to attempt to flush the core.

Old 11-06-2009 | 04:17 PM
blackjimmy is on a distinguished road

I had a problem with my jimmy a couple of years ago,same symptoms as yours. I put a flush adapter on a heater hose didn,t work. so i held a garden hose on the heater core fitting ,and a big blob of slime came out of it, it has worked great ever since.

Old 11-17-2009 | 01:05 PM
|
Beginning Member

Well, my daughter came home long enough so I could work on her vehicle. It turns out it was about 1/2-2/3 gallon short of radiator fluid. Topped it off and it works fine now. Seriously considering flushing the system any way to be on the safe side.

Old 11-17-2009 | 01:34 PM
Administrator

Now you have to determine the cause of it being low. I would replace the cap as a first precaution.

Old 11-17-2009 | 04:56 PM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point

pressure test the cooling system to check for leaks as well

Old 11-19-2009 | 08:04 AM
|
Beginning Member

Thanks swartlkk and blazer blaze13. That will be on my list of chores for this weekend.

Quick Reply: No Heat but blower works