2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No Heat!!!!!Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Heat!!!!!Help

my 96 blazer has great heat after it warms up but 3 times including tonight it hasnt been working...it will be working then il turn it off and when i start it back up the heat/defroster dont work..i looked at the fuse but thats not it so i took it out and put it back in and the last too times a few minutes after i took out thefuse/put it back in it worked but tonight i did it and it didnt work...i really need the defroster cause its like 10 degrees and we are having a big ice/freezing rain storm and i cant see nothing...please help, i just put anti freeze in it....thanks

Old 12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: No Heat!!!!!Help

I'm a little confused after reading your post, but what I understand is that your heater blower motor isn't working. Right?
I don't have a picture of the '96 blazer heater motor, but if you can see it under the dash or under the hood by the heater box, give it a tap while it's turned on. It sounds like it's got worn brushes and needs replacing.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Banned

your right!! cause i still took it to mess around on the roads the weather here is twerrible but i think its great so i pulled over cause i had to scrape the ice of the windows again cause my heater/defroster wasnt working.some1 told me to change the thermostat and i was gonna but i hit the heater silver thing under the hood and it came on....what do i half to fix and how much? thanks for the quick reply

[/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 12:02 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I can't find my manuals right now as I'm in the process of setting up a new computer desk and my computer room is a real mess. These are a couple of posts off the internet.

The heater blower/motor is in a plastic housing on the passenger side firewall , right behind the on-board computer. There are 3 screws holding the computer in place and need to be removed, to access the heater/blower motor behind it. The plastic casing needs to be cut with a utility knife to access the blower itself.

The blower motor is located under the hood on the right side(passenger) near the hood hinge. It is under the black plastic cover that you need to cut out to replace the motor. Follow the lines that they made in the plastic with a sharp razor knife

Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the fan work at all (any of speeds) or is it spuratic? If it doesn't work at all, or only on low/high/etc, then it is possible that your blower motor resistor pack has quit on you. There is a check that can be performed on the blower motor itself by pulling electrical connection at the motor and supplying the motor with power. You can also check for the proper voltage at the plug with the fan on high.

Chances are, if you have to bump the motor to get it to move, the fan motor itself is probably on its way out.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*bump* so that felony can find it. You've got some unanswered replies...

Old 12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

when i start my truck the heat dont work at all but after i pop the hood and hit the compressor it works fine until i shut it off..

[/align]

Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Administrator

By compressor, what do you mean? The thing on the engine (a/c compressor)? The thing on the firewall (blower motor)? or something else? It makes no sense at all that hitting anything but the blower motor, found on the passenger side of the firewall would make any difference.

If hitting the blower motor causes it to work, then you either have a wiring problem or worn brushes in the motor itself. Wiring should be pretty easy to check. If the wiring is connected properly, then the next step would be to change the blower motor.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Beginning Member
2manybroke is an unknown quantity at this point

on my 96 the blower motor had a mind of its own,would only work on high erratically and when i hit a corner or a bump it would die or start working. i finally tracked it down to a burnt ground wire at a connector by the computer(the connector was burnt when i pulled it apart), of coarse me bieng the wizz that i am, i changed the blower first cause when i put battery juice to the motor it didnt run, and i was getting good ohm reading at gnd side of motor wiring, the conection was just burnt enough that it would work under a load. may want to ck your ground wire if it is your blower motor acting up.