Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Heat Sheild or NO heat sheild?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Stopphn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heat Sheild or NO heat sheild?

Ok, I made my own heat sheild using the info. from this forum (Thanks guys)! Here is my question. I just put an cai (airaid)on my 01 blazer without a heat sheild and drove 70 miles and things seem to be good. I put the heat sheild on coming back to see if there was any difference and I didn't see any difference. I am not sure been a 01, my filter is close to the fan which is causing the filter to get alot of air when I am driving. When I put theheat sheild on there is NO AIR around the filter. I need help. To get the most HP should I keep the heat sheild or take it off? Do you have a heat sheild or not and how does your truck ride?

Thanks

Old 06-01-2008, 11:41 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default RE: Heat Sheild or NO heat sheild?

use the heat shield otherwise ur just going to be sucking in hot air and thatll take the hp away. i always thought that the cai kits came with heat shieds?ive also never seen under the hood of an 01 but on my 02my k&N sitsright behind the headlight and turn marker not all that close to the fan

Old 06-01-2008, 03:26 PM

Ok thanks! I got the cai from somebody online. Everything was new, but no heat shield. Being that I made my own how can you tell ifI did a good job or not? Right now with the heat sheild I don't feel any air around the filter. What should I look for to make sure my heat sheild is doing its job. Another question I have is where can I order "just a heat sheild" for a airaid? Must places such as: autoanything and summit racing don't sell heat sheilds with the systems.

Thanks again for your help

Old 06-01-2008, 03:46 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check to make sure the heat sheild forms a seal with the hood. If you made your own you should have put something on the top of it for a seal, and this should be tight with the hood to prevent any air from coming over the top of the heat shield.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 PM

I think I can do that. Thanks, yall guys are great! What if I can't do it on my own where can I buy one from?