2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No heating in driving cabin...Blazer ´99

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Panhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No heating in driving cabin...Blazer ´99

Hey,

I´ve got just cold air in my cabin :-(
Cooling fluid level is ok and i already changed the thermostat.

What the hell is goin on here ???? [sm=devilgrin.gif]

heater control valve?

greetz from germany [sm=smiley14.gif]

Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: No heating in driving cabin...Blazer ´99

Have you checked to make sure your heater core isn't clogged? You may want to flush the core to make sure.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I concur, flush the heater core. And next time, please do not use foul language.

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Old 01-10-2008, 09:37 AM

Have you checked to make sure your heater core isn't clogged?
No, but i thnk it´s the most logic reason
But...........how this goes? Flush with water or special fluid?

And next time, please do not use foul language
Sorry, I am not american [8D]

Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Water is fine. Just remove both the heater hoses from the engine (follow them from the firewall to where they connect at the front of the engine) and flush through one, then the other until you get clear water out of both sides. This will flush forward and reverse through the core to get all of the junk out that may be there.

While you are opening up the system, it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the thermostat and radiator cap.

American or not (as if it matters), the use of foul language is against the rules of the forum.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

American or not (as if it matters), the use of foul language is against the rules of the forum.
Possibly just a linguistic error. Words or expressions that are considered vulgar in one language or culture are not necessarily viewed the same way in others.[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 AM

change the thermostat : already done
and radiator cap: work in progress :-)

OK, sorry for this

Thanks a lot for this.......

Much to do on weekend

Old 01-15-2008, 06:27 AM

Hey guys,

i´ve already flushed the core, changed the thermostat and radiator cap.

STILL COLD [:@]

I´m finished with me, ....giving up.....

Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Marcus, don't give up man!

Are you sure that all of the air is out of the system? After draining the system, it is sometimes difficult to remove all of the air. I will typically elevate the front of the vehicle with the passenger front being slightly higher around 1" [2.5cm]) higher than the drivers side. With the front end elevated and the radiator cap off, start the engine and run it up to operating temperature.

If all of the air is out of the system, then it is possible that the air temp blend door in the HVAC housing is not working correctly. When you use the different modes (defrost, floor, blend, panel, etc), does the air flow go to the correct outlets (i.e. defrost to the outlets on top of the dash, panel to the outlets on the front of the dash, etc)? If not, it is possible that the vacuum supply to the dash has been disconnected or is otherwise compromised (broken line or (if 4wd) it is possible that the vacuum switch on the transfer case has gone bad...

Are the lines going to the heater core both hot once the truck is up to operating temperature?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:39 PM

Thank you friend,

I´ll try to remove the air out of the system by elevate the front (very good idea) ;-)
All of the modes (defrost ect.) work correctly (thank godness)

Finally, it must be still air in the system I think.

The incoming line to the heater ist warm/hot and the outgoing ist just warm.
But I´ve already flushed the core until I get clear water out of both sides.
So the heater core is not blocked.

Thanks a lot.

LG
Marcus

Quick Reply: No heating in driving cabin...Blazer ´99