2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No power to cigarette lighter

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 04:05 PM
endlessvoid94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No power to cigarette lighter

I installed a CB radio a few weeks back. I used two cable taps to grab power and ground for the radio from the cable that goes to the cigarette lighter. To mount the radio, I had to remove the panel with the light, cigarette lighter, and ashtray (no big deal).

Yesterday, I reattached just the actual cigarette lighter so I could use some more devices in my car. However, after attaching it, I got no power from the cigarette lighter. Furthermore, my CB radio would no longer turn on.

It was working that morning, after I reattached, no power. I have no idea what to try or what could've happened. Could I have shorted something? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance. I have a 2004 blazer.

Last edited by endlessvoid94; 08-15-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by endlessvoid94
I installed a CB radio a few weeks back. I used two cable taps to grab power and ground for the radio from the cable that goes to the cigarette lighter. To mount the radio, I had to remove the panel with the light, cigarette lighter, and ashtray (no big deal).

Yesterday, I reattached just the actual cigarette lighter so I could use some more devices in my car. However, after attaching it, I got no power from the cigarette lighter. Furthermore, my CB radio would no longer turn on.

It was working that morning, after I reattached, no power. I have no idea what to try or what could've happened. Could I have shorted something? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance. I have a 2004 blazer.

did you try checking the fuse for the cigarette lighter ?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the response.

I looked at the fuses, but there isn't one obviously labelled for the cigarette lighter and I can't find a good explanation for all the acronyms in the diagram. Is there a specific one I should look for? Or is the fuse in a different spot than fuse relay center?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:47 PM

So I'm new to this, didn't realize there was a separate instrument panel fuse box. The fuse was indeed blown, thanks.

I had a Haines repair manual that didn't have any information about those fuses. The owners manual (borrowed from a friend) had the information.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should be labeled "CIG" or "CIGAR LTR". It may be in the fuse box on the driver side of the dash, accessible with the driver door open.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:06 AM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by endlessvoid94
I know this is off topic but would you be able to post a pic of your setup. I am thinking about doing the same thing and mounting my cb radio where it seems you have yours. Also if you could explain how i go about removing that whole panel which includes the cigarette light and ashtray. Thanks