2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Not sure on which rotors/pads to get

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 AM
flawlessbmxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not sure on which rotors/pads to get

Ok, I have had this new Sonoma for about 7 months now and I'm now in need of some new brakes. My only concern is that I have different size rims this time compared to my 2000 blazer ls had (as you can see in my signature below). So my issue is, what are the measurements of the new rotors so i can just purchase them online instead of paying someone $600 to just get new brakes. I'm only in need of front ones though, my drums are fine. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Old 12-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

get the wagner thermo quiet ceramics or hawk ceramics and wagner lifetime rotors for orileys

Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 AM

sounds good. so what would be the measurements of everything? i know there's too many to list, but maybe a link may help?

Old 12-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Rims do not affect the brake choices unless you have gone to an aftermarket big brake kit. Just get the stock replacements from which ever manufacturer you choose (or is suggested) and you'll be fine.

I prefer Bendix Ceramic pads and their premium rotors.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:56 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flawlessbmxr
... I'm only in need of front ones though, my drums are fine. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Were the S10's not the same as Blazers with 4 wheel discs? There shouldn't be drums in the back if so...

Old 12-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk
Were the S10's not the same as Blazers with 4 wheel discs? There shouldn't be drums in the back if so...
Yea, I have drums. My buddy has an S-10 and he has discs...so to me, that makes no sense lol. either way, thanks for the responses guys. i appreciate it.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could get the S10 both ways after a certain year. My uncle's '98 S10 4x4 Ext cab has rear disc brakes the same as any 98+ Blazer. I believe it had something to do with the GVWR.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Beginning Member
SWC1969 is on a distinguished road

The Wagner Thermo Quiets are very good pads. I have not had any noise issues, they stop great and have good life expectancy.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swartlkk
You could get the S10 both ways after a certain year. My uncle's '98 S10 4x4 Ext cab has rear disc brakes the same as any 98+ Blazer. I believe it had something to do with the GVWR.
Interesting...I never knew. I just assumed anything 98+ had 4 wheel discs. I know mine does..
Oh well, learn something new everyday!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i only use Raybestos products for pads & rotors, drums & shoes-and only the 1st line for my trucks. never ever had any issues with their products, and i only use my brakes when i absolutely need them.

ie; i'm hard on my brakes.

Quick Reply: Not sure on which rotors/pads to get