2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

np8 uhhhh i hate em

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
elilstravis is on a distinguished road
Default np8 uhhhh i hate em

ok i need osme info her on a 1999 chevy blazer. i have the nutorious np8 transfercase and i have herd some horror stories about it well any ways i first had to jump it from the computrer to be the battery and the lights came on fuse was good to? well after i did that i took it for a drive and it engaged into 4wd well i went to try and get it to shift neutral push 2 hi the encoder motor make some noise like it wants to move from 4hi to 2 hi which i know that its all vaccume and the front diaphram disengages the front so then its 2hi but it didnt do that it jsut click on the clicked and 4 hi started blinking again then it was 4hi light on well i try it again and it make the full clicking noise somthing like 3 or 4 clicks then light goes out. am i writing too much yet. anyways i try to get it to come back on and nothing good connection everywhere no rotting of wires well i replaced the encoder motor and front diaphram and it does it all over agin what should i do next when i took off other encoder motor it was kinda stuck on there and gear sounded stuck and other slided rite on. help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Man, that was just plain painful to try to read. Please use punctuation, correct spelling, and paragraphs. People are more likely to respond to your question if it is easy for them to understand.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Along with the above, please use the search function. There are plenty of in-depth discussions about the NP8 - NV236 transfer case. You can start your diagnosis by getting the TCCM scanned. Only a Tech 2 or equivalent full feature scan tool can scan the serial bus communication devices such as the TCCM.